Taiwan Bull @ Queensbay Mall, Penang: XXL Chicken...My Comment?

Just a short posting here.

Taiwan bull logo, cute
I went to eat at Taiwan Bull @ Queensbay for teatime awhile ago. I was attracted by their XXL chicken (RM6.90). I’m a sucker for anything fried! The service was prompt and courteous.
XXL chicken cut into small pieces, on XXL plate:)
Another angle of my XXL chicken; really appetizing when looking at it. I appreciate the extra effort to cut it into smaller pieces.
When my food arrived, I was impressed with the presentation. The XXL chicken was nicely cut into small pieces (compared to Shihlin Taiwan Street Snack, which serves a whole piece of chicken without cutting into small pieces). Also, I can see red color (spicy flavor that I requested for more) adequately dotting all over the chicken bits.

One of my first few pieces. Yummy? Continue to read on.
I chose the small piece of chicken with the most flavors on it. My exuberance ended once I tasted it. It was…TASTELESS, even with all the flavors on it! What went wrong? You have the chicken nicely fried but still tasteless other than some crispiness from the golden brown skin layer. Lousy flavoring? No marinating? Using same cooking oil repeatedly?

Frustrated!

Tips:
Don’t order XXL chicken

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 2/10 (only for the XXL chicken). Perhaps, the other foods here is different, hopefully.

1 comment: