Dinner @ Uncle Lim's Kitchen: Finally, Pangkor Laut Resort: Best Chinese Cuisine?

After the disappointing lunch at Chapman's bar @ Emerald Bay, Pangkor Laut Resort, J and I continued with out sight seeing and photo taking session. I love the calmness here at Pangkor Laut Resort. Everything seemed to be passing so slowly. 

Dinner @ Uncle Lim's Kitchen
It makes you ponder about life and what I''m trying to achieve. But the most important is of course to spend quality time with my love one. J and I had been going through so much for the past few months planning for the whole marriage thingy. There were so much preparations and I'm glad all went on smoothly and as planned. Save to say that we even had a few surprises, one of being able to even eked out a decent surplus for our wedding, thanks to generosity of all who attended our wedding and contributed selflessly to us.
Another view of the restaurant. The rock here...what does it mean? I was going with the idea that this rock represent Pangkor Laut Resort but J was saying that these rocks were part of the rock that the restaurant was built on top of. Hm..seemed like she's right:). I'm not sure why this restaurant and most other restaurants in Pangkor Laut Resort were also so dark, just like having dinner in a bat cave!:)
I'd like to let you all know that the 'surplus' from our wedding, after much discussion between J and I, we chose to make donation to the less fortunate. At first, I planned to buy McDonald's McValue meal to one of the orphanage house but I was stopped by J because she told me that they needed more than just one, unhealthy meal. hehe. Instead, I should buy something that they really need. 
Fan No 1. I wish this place is air-conditioned.

This reminded me of the Community Chest & You @ Bangsar Village where people buy necessities that various charity houses needed. I'll be buying those necessities with the 'surplus' from the wedding so that all my wedding guests will get some good karmas from it:)

Fan No 2 and 3. Now, do you believe me that this place is too warm:) To be honest, the shorter fan purpose is to prevent mosquitoes from biting both of our legs.
Plus mosquito repellent also. I pity those workers working here because there were just so many mosquitoes:(
And now, to talk about the dinner. How was it?

China-ware, nice:)
Chinese tea, Ti Kuan Yin
For appetizer, both J and I decided to order duck spring rolls (RM50)

The spring rolls, unfortunately, weren't fried but was just wrapped together with duck meat.
Another view of the duck spring rolls
Closer focus at the duck spring rolls. The duck meat inside the spring rolls were just bits and pieces only. Both of us was expecting some Pekingese type of duck spring rolls, nope. Disappointed, yeap:(
Hong Kong Kailan with seared scallops in XO sauce (RM70)
The size of the scallops, huge Just to give you a comparison, I placed it on a small plate. Besides, the amount of scallops were surpringly...too many (I never thought I'd said that)
Views from the side. Yeah, we're stunned when we saw this dish in the beginning. The greens Hong Kong Kailan were young and fresh and crunchy altogether. The XO sauce was just a class by itself, and greatly enhance this dish flavor. 
So many scallops remained after all the Hong Kong Kailan had been consumed:)
Uncle Lim's Aromatic Style (RM100)
Fillet steamed on banana leaves with lemongrass, imparting delicious fragrant. I totally agreed on this!
Boneless fish fillet steamed until fragrant and the fish meat being still intact but not rough, soft but not mushy, just perfect timing, plus perfect taste!
Calamansi chicken (RM75)
Chunks of chicken deep-fried until crispy, sprinkled with sesame seed and served with tangy sweet calamansi lime sauce. Crispy on the outside and tender sauteed meat inside, plus the excellent sauce makes this dish another winner:)
All finished. My most satisfying meal since I arrived at Pangkor Laut Resort:)

Dessert 1: Banana fritters (RM25) a.k.a goreng pisang. Nicely fried and the hot-cold combination nicely contrasted this dish.

Dessert No 2: Mango pudding (RM25), a combination of ripe mango, milk and sugar that captures the sweet essence of fresh mangoes. Agreed, a must try:)

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 8.5/10. Excellent dinner but a little too expensive RM400+ for 2 people...but if you'd been eating lousy foods like I did earlier, this meal will be one of the most satisfying meal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment