Toh Soon Café @ Campbell Street, Georgetown, Penang: Chinese-Malay-Western Breakfast?

Toh Soon Café, located ‘in-between’ shophouses/ in an alley, on your left as soon as you turn into Campbell Street, Georgetown, Penang.
For those longing for a wholesome breakfast, drop by at this coffee shop along Campbell Street, Georgetown, Penang and you’ll be able to experience some combo foods that are commonly eaten by Chinese, Malay and Western people.

Campbell Street arch
Toh Soon Café, outside view
Inside view
What are the foods that I’m referring to that are eaten by Chinese, Malay and Western people?
Roti kahwin (usually eat by Chinese), nasi lemak (Malay) and half boiled eggs (Western). Cool, huh?! :)

Roti kahwin, one slice. I think it’s ‘under-toast’ but it’s alright since the soft-crisp texture are easy on my mouth. However, I must state here that the fillings are grossly inadequate (I forgotten to take the photo of the bread opened to show the fillings, sigh!). The fillings just covered about 60% of the gross area and were just a thin layer only.
Roti kahwin with my half boiled eggs
Don’t forget to order yourself a cup of hot Nescafe. Down all these and you’ll warm up your morning tummy just right to start the day.

Half boiled eggs (2), perfectly timed, perfectly done!
Half boiled eggs after I mixed it together with some pepper and soy sauce. Appetizing!
Time to dip my roti kahwin in the half boiled eggs. Yummy!
Still hungry? Nasi lemak, arranged on the plate, on each table.
There’s also curry puffs but I didn’t eat it
How was the nasi lemak? Hmm, not really recommended. Although the quantity is small and light on the stomach, the rice tasted plain, the anchovies soft/ soggy and the sambal (chili paste) was inadequate.
Toh Soon Café
Campbell Street
Georgetown, Penang
Open daily for breakfast

Tips:
Try dipping the roti kahwin into the half boiled eggs for some tantalizing taste

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 5.5/10. The half boiled eggs were excellent but that just it...the rest were below average.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know Campbell Street have a coffee shop since last time I stay in town area. I stop here to have may breakfest because many people eat. I try nasi lemak and and a packet of 'Cham Peng Kau'. The food ok. But champ peng is the worst in Penang among I drink. One of the helper there was a Indonesian wery unpolite and in hokkien 'Kua Lan' Just shouting and talk so rude. Huh this is my nightmere breakfast. For those people who not been there please try and give some comment. I think i not step in there any more.

    ReplyDelete