All You Can Eat Durians @ DurianSS2, PJ: Buffet Starting At RM9!!!

ATTENTION!!!

SS2 durian stalls...ALL MOVED TO SECTION 19, PJ
Jalan Harapan, Seksyen 19 
46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
GPS: 3.119629, 101.629385


Again, I missed Penang's famous durian festival this year. Last year also I didn't managed to make it, sigh!
The King of Fruits, DURIANS
Anyway, I'm currently 'transferred' to another food haven (although at the moment, Penang foods is still the best), in Petaling Jaya. I'm working just a stone throw away from...SS2!!! I'd been hearing about this place for ages.  

Finally, I'm @ SS2!

You can't miss the next place I'm introducing to you. Yeah, it's the durian buffet stalls spread along SS2/24. So, for durian lovers, this posting is for you:)
(To be truthful, I was actually planning to eat at SS2 MURNI for the very first time...but it was closed, on Monday! Please note everyone)

I went there yesterday night for the durian buffet but the buffet had already been over. I was at there at 9.30pm...so, come EARLIER than this time to avoid disappointment.
Went there again today, early in the evening at 6pm. Note the abundance of durians compared to yesterday, hehe.
I was asked by the worker there whether I want the RM9, RM15 or RM20 buffet. The difference? Well, at RM9, I'll only be getting durians without any 'brands', literally called 'durian kampung'. At higher price, I'll get durians with some exotic names. Anyway, I couldn't differentiate one from another also, but I can differentiate the price...so I chose RM9 buffet, hehe

Well, the worker open one after another durians for me, NON-STOP! It tasted nice, aromatic and reminds me of the good old days (I always think foods that brings back memories is the best food that one can eat). There are some less flavorful and even flavor-less...no problem, just discard it.
There were just so many durians!!! As I'm 'allergic' to buffet (but still stubbornly want to try any now and then), I didn't manage to eat a lot. A quarter durian here and another half durian there, I think I just ate roughly 2 'whole' durians.

This is the 'premium' section, where the durians are more 'branded' and sell according to their weight. I don't really know how to differentiate one from another, so I couldn't comment much. Also, I'm happy and very full enough with my RM9 durian buffet.
The 'premium' durian brands. I wished someday I can try those.

A big waste basket to throw away all the durian shells, coconut shells, durian seeds, etc. 

The worker promoting their stalls. Call first if you want to book some 'premium' durians here.

The environment here is clean, spacious, airy and their workers here are friendly and efficient

Directions
Wow, the boss name himself 'Durian Wai'! I hope he doesn't name his children with all the 'premium' durian names too, hahaha.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 7.5/10. Definitely worth eating here, for the taste and quantities...but for health reasons, try not to over-indulge. Also, do try their premium durians if you can afford it. Thinking back, I don't really need to eat a lot...but to eat just the right amount and the right 'premium' durian. So, I'll definitely try those 'premium' durians next time. Hope you will too! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment