Bumbung Nasi Lemak @ S.E.A Park, PJ: Tasty And Cheap Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng:)

UPDATED BELOW:)

After I wrote about the famous duck rice at S.E.A Park, PJ (Read: Best Duck Rice In KL And PJ Is In S.E.A Park, PJ? Err...Nope! Good But Not Great), I received a message in my Facebook account. It reads,
"hey i read ur blog, and i think its a great idea and help when it comes for me and my gf in choosing where to eat!! i can tell we have similar taste as i too didnt find anything great in that duck shop sunrise in sea park... how ever you must try and you must blog about this nasi lemak stall that i love and i ve been eating ever since it opened. its called nasi lemak maybank, some call it nasi lemak paramount or bumbung nasi lemak, either one its the same. its located very near the sunrise duck in sea park.. if ur familiar with that place you will now there s a maybank in that are.. this nasi lemak is next to maybank. but its only open from 6.30pm till 3 am latest. you have to try it! looking forward in reading your honest opinion about it!" from Sidaarth, via Facebook
Thanks a lot bro, for your comments and recommendation. I appreciate it a lot. I 'extremely' love to eat nasi lemak!!!

Bumbung PJ @ S.E.A Park, PJ. Tables and chairs were spread along the back alley and also in front of Maybank. The area was clean, odorless and rat-less, hehe. The road gradient wasn't flat (about 10-15 degrees) but it wasn't as much as shown in this photo also, hehe. I chose my table at the higher end of the back alley.
I drove over to S.E.A Park, PJ yesterday evening and reached there about 6.45pm. Tables were placed at the back alley, which are surprisingly clean and odorless and also in front of Maybank. Although it just opened, most of the tables there were already occupied.

My teh tarik kurang manis (RM1.50). Just as I ordered, concentrated/ 'kaw' but minimal sweetness, I like! It was a rather large cup, unlike some other 'kiam sap' place (I'll let you know where in the future). So, it was a pleasant drink:)

I ordered nasi lemak ayam goreng and teh tarik kurang manis. The service was rather fast and I began eating within 5 minutes (including the time I took snapping the photos too)   


My dinner: Bumbung's nasi lemak (RM4.50), consist of a piece of chicken, egg, sambal, anchovies and nuts, rice and cucumbers.

Portion-wise, I think it was rather small for me, especially for dinner...but that's just me, who's a rather big eater:)

Let's 'dissect' my nasi lemak. One piece of chicken's thigh fried until crispy, intensely-flavorful and golden brown in color outside but yet maintain the soft and warm meats inside, all the hallmarks of a nice fried chicken. I have no qualms letting you all know that I love the flavoring (I'm not so health conscious, hehe) that they put on/ marinate the chicken with before frying it, very appetizing indeed. For sure, one piece of chicken is NOT enough. Next would be the egg, in which they prepared it the 'mata kerbau'-style. I love it tremendously, unlike other places which give hard-boiled egg (usually give only HALF an egg summore). Can you imagine eating the egg yolk mixed together with the rice and sambal or thin-ly coating the fried chicken? Omg, I'm already hungry just blogging about it, hehe. The rice was fragrantly cooked but the problem lies at the amount...it wasn't even forming a small 'hill' on my plate, maybe just a small 'bump' instead, haha. Next, the sambal, which is the more, if not most important ingredients forming a great nasi lemak, was more like in a paste form (the onions, anchovies, chillies, etc in it were far from recognizable). Minimal spiciness and tinge of sweetness, NO KICK at all but, nice, not great. Anchovies, ground nuts and cucumber were nice if there were more of it.
Bumbung Nasi LemakS.E.A Park 
Jalan 21/11b, S.E.A Park 
Petaling Jaya, Selangor 46300
 
Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 7.5/10. Nice nasi lemak but more attention should be given into the details. The fried chicken here is excellent and got a lots of 'kick!' but the sambal was nice too, but the taste wasn't intense enough! I'll definitely come back for more fried chickens but I overheard my next table mentioned that they also serve nice fried Ibumie (instant noodles). I'll check it out next time!

UPDATES
Yup, I went back to Bumbung @ S.E.A Park, PJ the next evening. This time, I ordered Ibumie goreng (fried noodle) and another round of nasi lemak ayam goreng too! Haha;)

This time, I sat in front of Maybank! How I wished that they put tables inside Maybank also...then, got air-cond and 'private' room. They can charge more expensive also, hehe.
Half of my dinner: Ibumie goreng (RM2.50). I love the egg! The noodle is just like any instant noodle. To be honest, nothing great actually but I enjoyed it a lot, hehe. I call it 'appetizer', haha. My nasi lemak ayam goreng followed next:)

After I put the egg aside, the noodles seen here...just noodles. No vegetables, meat, etc.

11 comments:

  1. bro go back and try the nasi lemak but this time ask for mutton instead of chicken. not many ppl know they serve mutton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ibumie goreng standard lah, nothing added one, 1st time eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur absolutely right..but i guess tats th allure of instant maggi/ibumie mee. for those who studied/ work abroad..remember th time u brought with you to overseas packs of instant mee?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eating there for 4 years now, & even I didn't know they served mutton...

    As for the teh tarik being rm1.50, all the drinks there are rm1.50 . Teh tarik = rm150, teh ais rm1.50, milo ais rm1.50 .

    ReplyDelete
  5. These guys use recycled oil for frying so be careful as it is not good for health

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday was my first visit to the Bumbung Pj as my nephew took us to try the best nasi lemak in town. Obviously this is one of the BEST nasi lemak i have tried with my family and all of them enjoyed it.The place was clean and their service was fast even though most of the tables in the alley was occupied.Belum cuba tak akan tahu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your other entries n this entry, its safe to conclude that your taste is more for such gerai n roadside food,instant noodles,msg,etc.dont attempt anotherrestaurant please

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi is this place only open at night?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I been there for dipper (dinner + supper).
    Pretty scare of them, coz their face look so angry to you !
    service not good ! not polite to customer, i will no go there again.

    ReplyDelete