Soong Kee Beef Noodles @ Jalan Silang (Main) and Lot 10 (3rd Generations): My Favorite (And Best) Beef Noodle In KL Since My Mum First Brought Me Here:)

I can still remember vividly when I was young(er), my mum would bring me to KL by train just to jalan-jalan.

Soong Kee Beef Noodle, since 1945 @ Lot 10 Hutong food court. Operated by '3rd Generations' but I think more so by foreign workers, haha. Just joking. Of course the multi-millionaire bosses don't need to work:)

Everytime we went to Central Market (Pasar Seni), we would definitely walked a bit more to Soong Kee Beef Noodle Restaurant nearby. I wasn't sure where it was before they moved to the latest location at Jalan Silang off Jalan Tun Siew Sin. There were just so many people at that time, crowding the small and old restaurant.


Signboard need some maintenance, badly. Don't think they should project their stall as if it's still in the 1940s. And for god sake, you're located in Lot 10, modernize!

My favorite would be their beef noodles, beef balls and...
Actually, everything I like!

This looked much better. Clean, chic and comfortable. The only thing missing here was...the CROWD! There was no one around. I just went to the counter, placed my order and they start preparing my food. What?! Where's the jostling and shouting to place order like the olden days? *perplexed*

I still go back there to eat once awhile but I also found out that their '3rd Generations' opened a branch at Lot 10 Hutong food court. So, I paid them a visit to see if their food could bring back memories for me!:)

Self service. I ordered my beef noodles, plus beef balls and beef meat (RM6.50).
Beef noodle with mince beef meat and another half ? (mystery). If you see clearly in this photo, there are two different types of meat on the noodle. Another different style of minced beef meat? Minced pork? I guessed I should have asked them instead. Taste was superb when eating together with their springy noodle. I was somehow projected back to my young(er) times, hehe. I love it! Taste just the same (almost) as their Gen 1 and Gen 2 counterparts.
Beef balls and a few slices of beef meat and tribe. The soup was 'originally 1990s' (if you're wondering why not 1945, it's because it was in 1990s when I first started patronizing their restaurant, hehe)'. Nothing changed, except their price and portions. It seemed that their price went up (and even much higher than their present restaurant at Jalan Silang) but their portions drastically reduced. No wonder there were no crowds to be seen here. I get much more satisfaction eating at their restaurant at Jalan Silang because I get to munch more noodles coated with minced beef + ?minced pork meat, get to filled my stomach with more bouncy beef balls and also get to dip more slices of beef meat and tribe in their fragrant chili paste also!
Main:
Soong Kee Beef Noodles
3, Jalan Silang off Jalan Tun Siew Sin, KL
Opens 11am - midnight

Branch:
Soong Kee Beef Noodles
Hutong food court
LG Floor, Lot 10 Shopping Mall
Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL
Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 9/10. I suggest you to go to their main restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment