OFA Restaurant, Penang: Exclusive Lunch For The Masses

Actually, I planned to treat my bosses and colleagues lunch this week. Coincidentally, I was approached by a 'sponsor' to help arrange for a lunch meeting. Well, like killing two birds with one stone, I helped to arrange the lunch meeting a.k.a farewell lunch:). Actually, I'd love to arrange the lunch at Chinese Recreational Club (CRC) because I heard so many of my friends raving about this restaurant. However, I knew my boss, V, like to eat at OFA Restaurant more, so I suggested to them to book a table there for this Friday.

OFA Restaurant's lunch on Friday 12.30pm


OFA stands for Old Frees Association, for Penang Free School's alumni. Those who joined this association will be able to get special table seating at a separate room. No big deal? Well, not if you arrive during the busy lunch hours and all tables are taken. There's a big crowd here every day during lunch time!

Large crowds here, especially during lunch time.
Finally, came Friday and after a lot of worries that I wouldn't get enough people to attend the lunch meeting was unfounded. All my colleagues went, 8 of us, plus 2 surprise guests and one of my boss came too. Another boss of mine, V, didn't able to make it, aii (I'd chosen to have the lunch at OFA Restaurant specifically for him). Together with our 3 'sponsors', we had a good time and great lunch here.

Tom Yam with fish fillet. It was just like having original tom yam at Thailand. Spicy, authentic and full with fish fillets enough for 14 people. Did I say the fish fillets was boneless too! Excellent!
Loh bak aka pork rolls, cut into small, compact bite sizes. I used to eat it at food stalls but eating it in a restaurant was my first time. How was is? Crispy on the outside and meaty, juicy and tender on the inside.
Butter fried chicken. The best dish of the day! Chicken was adequately marinated and deep fried into golden brown, plus sprinkled with butter and egg shreds

Tauhu/ beancurds with mushrooms and prawns, plus lots of sauce to mix with my rice. Delicious, simple dish and mildly flavored.  
Mixed vegetables, just like eating at home! Healthy!
Brinjals/ eggplants with chicken shreds. The lousiest dish of the day. The brinjals/ eggplants were too dry (not that I enjoyed too oily ones) and the chicken shreds were just nowhere to be seen. Tastewise, the brinjal texture was dry-rough-like and the chicken shreds were plain and without any taste. 
Kangkung sambal belachan, second nicest food at this lunch. To be honest, I always order this dish wherever and whenever (lunch/ dinner) I eat in a restaurant. Here, it was not too oily, moderately spicy, got prawns(!!), plus young, fresh greens.
OFA Restaurant
41 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 
10050 Georgetown, Pulau Pinang
Opens daily for lunch and dinner

Tips:
Make prior appointment

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 8/10. Affordable, restaurant-grade lunch, generous in amount and deliciously satisfying!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!

    -blee-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Service is bad.....asking for extra sambal the boss telling me nw sambal 1kilo cost RM15 ....wat the ridiculous amswer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the restaurant halal?

    ReplyDelete