[HALAL] Noordin Nasi Kandar @ Bidor, Perak: Amazingly delicious, concentrated, spicy chili!

My first affair with Noordin Nasi Kandar dates back to around 2009, when I was working in Felda Trolak Selatan. During the fasting month before Hari Raya Aidilfitri, I was told by my staffs that there's this delicious nasi kandar, which open at pasar Ramadhan in Bidor. I drove all the way from my room in Slim River to Bidor on weekly basis to buy myself a packet of Noordin's nasi kandar.


Noordin Nasi Kandar. From opening a small stall in a corner shop into a 2 shop lot restaurant.
I was devastated when the fasting month was over and my favorite nasi kandar in Bidor was...missing (no more pasar Ramadhan)! I finally managed to locate their stalls and rekindle my weekly affair with it, every Friday, when I drive back to Ipoh. This nasi kandar in Bidor has expanded from a small stall at a corner shop house into a restaurant spanning two shop lots.


Spacious, comfortable, air-conditioned. I love eating spicy food in cool condition:)

What makes the nasi kandar here so special?
One word: Chili paste! The chili paste here is amazingly tasty! Spicy-sweet, aromatic, concentrated and very addictive! IMHO, I think the chili here is much nicer than the famed Nasi 'Ganja' Kandar, Ipoh.

The food here finishes very fast, come early! Seen here also is my favorite chili (lower left) but don't be alarmed by the amount of oil in it. Scoop it up (as much as you want), drain the oil and you'll have yourself a concentrated, tasty chili paste. The 'ayam masak merah' is seen here on the lower right.
I arrived late for lunch. My nasi kandar (RM4.50): 'ayam masak merah' chicken breast, taugeh/ bean sprouts and generous amount of chili paste plus chicken curry on my rice. Most other foods had already been sold out, aii.
Ayam masak merak. I always choose chicken breast because there are more meat compared to some skinny chicken drumsticks, plus taugeh/ beansprouts = nice combination:)
Another close up photo: Seen here the chili but less oily because I filtered the oil away. Regarding the 'ayam masak merah', taste rather bland if not because of the chili, the boss slackened here a bit.
 
Noordin Nasi Kandar
3854, Jalan Besar Bidor,
35500 Bidor, Perak
016-5021899
Opens daily for lunch and dinner

Tips:
Come early, eat chicken breast for more meat and sift away the oil from the chili.
Try the fish head curry at night. My staff told me it was very delicious!

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 8/10. I can eat the rice alone with the chili only.

No comments:

Post a Comment