Supper @ Bee Hooi Food Court, Pulau Tikus, Penang: Something Average, Something Lousy.


Just a short posting here.

I went for supper recently. I thought of eating something light instead. So, I ordered from this porridge stall at Bee Hooi Food Court, Pulau Tikus.

My porridge, with some scattered chicken meat

Close up photo of my porridge. Tasteless, period. Chicken meat was tasteless too, period.
I ended up not finishing my porridge and ordered a plate of Penang char koay teow/ fried koay teow there. There goes my ‘light’ supper, converted into a heavy one!

Bee Hooi char koay teow/ fried koay teow with price list in front of the stall. You want extra, you’ve to pay extraJ
Char koay teow, extra spicy. I didn’t order my extra noodle and extra ‘liews’/ ingredients because…it’s just supper!
Close up photo of Penang char koay teow @ Bee Hooi
How was the Penang char koay teow here? The taste was acceptable to be called ‘Penang’ char koay teow but not enough oomph!, probably because not enough ‘secret’ ingredient. What was it? LARD! Hehe. Anyway, if compared to the porridge here is just like

Bee Hooi Food Court,
Pulau Tikus, Penang
Opens daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Tips:
It’s obvious what to order now.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 2/10 for porridge and 6/10 for the Penang char koay teow/ fried koay teow.

1 comment:

  1. Avoid Bee Hooi Cafe like the plague!!!
    One wonders how it's able to survive this long with expensive yet bland fare.

    ReplyDelete