Thaipusam @ Penang: Chinaman Enjoying It Very Much, Vel! Vel! Finale (Part 3/3)

This Chinaman went again to Thaipusam celebrations. Since I’m oncall today (actually yesterday also, hehe), don’t think I want to end up in the middle of the huge crowds. People were packed shoulder to shoulder and it was another miracle that no one was injured. If I wanted to go somewhere, I’d need to follow the ‘wave’ of people going to that direction and change ‘wave’ if I decided to change direction.

Below are some photos and videos that I managed to take after great deal of squeezing to put myself in front to get some unobstructed view. It's worth it!
A young man carrying kavadi. I found out that the faster way to move in the crowd was to follow behind ‘kavadi’ bearers as people always make way for them, hehe.
Video 1: Kavadi bearer


Finally reached the front and standing just beside to take this photo and video (below)
Video 2: Men pulling, now cows. Amazing devotion!


Another huge and nicely decorated Lord Muruga joining the procession.

My all time favorite, the dance (not sure the name)!!! I don’t think I can carry such heavy loads and dance at the same time. Amazing!
Video 3: The Dance

Video 4: More dance!


I spent another 2 hours here before returning. This is my first time coming for Thaipusam celebration and I’m definitely going again next year, hopefully in Batu Caves, KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment