Sisters Curry Mee, Jalan Air Itam, Penang: Famous Curry Mee In Air Itam, Feeding Generations

Earlier this week, on a working day, I woke up early in Mount Erskin, where I'm staying and drove all the way to Air Itam. The mission was to find the famous curry mee in Air Itam, ‘wo-manned’ by two sisters. I failed, not knowing where they’re situated, traffic jam and no parking didn’t helped either. Mission aborted and I rushed to work. Aii..

I tried again this morning because it’s a public holiday.

I’m surprised when I found out that my Garmin actually their location but it can’t show their exact location. First thing first, find parking, done. I walked about Air Itam town and since I’m not rushing this time, I took my own sweet time. I can’t fail this time, hehe.

Finally found the stall. Driving towards Air Itam, continue to drive straight for about 150metres when you see the Air Itam market. The stall is on your left, beside a trunk road but still accessible by car and motorcycle.

The two sisters sit next to each other on stools. One in-charged of curry mee and another fried mee. Once the food is ready, take it yourself to the nearest table to eat. Only RM3! They also have one young assistance helping them, another crowd puller? Hehe



Two sisters sitting on stool chairs, serving curry mee and fried mee with chili sauce. See all the guys standing behind. I wonder why?

Two sisters very focused with their work, and another third assistance seen partially, hehe (accidently taken the photo, not on purpose)

The ingredients, all on the floor:)

Another close-up shot of all the ingredients, before they get 'married', hehe.

Taufu-pok, my fav!!!

After all the ingredients got 'married'; noodles, cuttle fish, coagulated piggy blood and tauhu-pok

Another close-up shot of my mouth-watering curry mee

Me enjoying my noodle, dangerously beside the road

Sisters @ Work

Sitting down while working, the best way to prevent varicose veins and osteoarthritis

Air Itam Sisters Curry Mee
Jalan Air Itam,
Penang

Tips:
  1. Park your car when you see any car park, it’s as good as you can get
  2. Look for this stall on foot, it’s much easier.
  3. Don’t go on working morning.
Tasty or Not?
Rating: 8/10. Simple dish made great. Not much ajinomoto (addictive, flavoring) also. Hope they’ll pass the recipe to the next generation.

2 comments:

  1. they do not want and also no plan to pass down the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been eating sisters curry mee since 10yrs old as I had lived my whole life in Ayer Itam.
    However I have switch over to Ah Bok's curry mee next door (same location) many many years back as I find the sisters standard had dropped over the years unlike those primary school and teenage years when their mee was good. Now I put them as average coming from a guy bred and born in Penang having tried most curry mee in Penang.

    ReplyDelete