Sister’s Char Koay Teow, Macalister Road, Penang: Famous Penang CKT In The Past, Now A Passe?

Mention Sister’s CKT in Penang and everyone sure knew of it. This stall was rather famous in the past, before Ah Leng CKT @ Lorong Selamat assumed the mantle for being the ‘must-eat’ CKT when one visits Penang.

Can only eat at this stall, no branch elsewhere.

I’d eaten in Sister’s CKT when I first started to work in Penang, which was about 9 months ago. Today, I went there to eat again, my second time only. I think the long duration between my visit is because there were no ‘pulling’ factors for me to eat here.
The taste was somehow ‘average’, ‘liews’ and noodle minimal plus not enough ‘wok hei’.

Seen here one of the ‘sister’. She kept on asking me which newspaper I’m working for.
Old newspaper depicting their golden era. I can’t find any recent one though.

As usual, I ordered large with ‘everything’ extra. No long queues and I got my Penang char koay teow within 5 minutes. The boss kept saying it was ‘very’ busy just now. I think she was worried that having not much people waiting wasn’t giving me any good impression.

Sister’s Penang Char Koay Teow
Small paper plate with only 2 medium size prawn and some crab meats
Close-up photos:


This famous Sister’s CKT is located along Macalister Road, just opposite LohGuanLye Hospital and inside Lam Heng Coffee Shop. Another good surprise was the ‘kuih lapis’ that I’m searching in Penang was sold inside Lam Heng Coffee Shop. Taste-wise, average also but I’m still glad I found it, yay!

Stall signage in front
‘Kuih lapis’, yay!!!
IMHO, taste average only...maybe because of the dull colors or no pretty girl eating it. Anyway, still happy to find it finally!
Sisters Char Koay Teow,
Lam Heng Coffeeshop,
Macalister Road (opposite LohGuanLye Hospital),
Penang. 

Tips:
Order just like me, large with ‘everything’ extra because even with that order, it’s still so little. I can’t imagine ordering small!

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 6.5/10. I think they’d lost their magic, aii.

No comments:

Post a Comment