El Toro Butchery & Grill @ Subang Avenue: Excellent Steak...Carnivorous Appetite, Satisfied!

Once awhile, I'll reward myself (for no reasons, hehe) with nice dinner. I could be eating in a nice restaurant, eating Western foods, buffets (hm, unlikely, I don't really like stuffing myself) or etc, etc.

Premium Grassfed Rib-Eye Steak @ El Toro Butchery & Grill
My late last month's pampering was at El Toro Butchery & Grill @ Subang Avenue. Of course, I ordered their famous steak, to be exact, Premium Grassfed Rib-Eye Steak, 200grams (RM18/100grams), hehe:) The boss even told me it's all the way from Australia (really?). I also ordered their soup of the day (RM4.90) too.

Nicely decorated (I love the red color!), neat and clean. All the meats were displayed in a chiller so that customer can 'preview' first before choosing, hehe.
Seen here on my table also...sauces (mustard, chili and ketchup, BBQ sauce). It's nice to see so many different sauces but I didn't know why I'll need them in the beginning.
Soup of the day (RM4.90) arrived first.
Closer view of my 'soup of the day' (RM4.90). I tried asking their waiter the name of the soup but was told it was 'soup of the day'. Actually, the soup was rather nice, appetizing and aromatic. So, I guessed those who're interested can order the same way I did:)

Premium Grassfed Rib-Eye Steak, 200grams (RM18/100grams) with steak fries and garden salad with Parmesan shavings
Another view. The steak fries were rather pale, 'softie' type and not even salty, just plain. I don't like. Perhaps, it was prepared much earlier. I like the garden salad with Parmesan shavings. It's like melding the freshness of the salad with flavorful Parmesan, I like!

Let's talk about the Grassfed Rib-Eye Steak. I requested my steak to be prepared 'medium-well' (about 80%) but did they grilled as told? Nope (see photo from above). My steak appeared 'medium'. Anyway, I'm okay with that because the meat will be less stubborn and I could savor the inherent taste of my grassfed rib-eye steak. For the record, the medium-pinkish steak was not stubborn (very tender indeed!) at all and with some 'juices' nicely sealed inside and only released upon cutting by me! However, I'm not very happy with the sauces, even though those sauces were from famous brands. I'd expect some house-made sauces instead to eat along with the steak! Don't be lazy.
 El Toro Butchery & Grill
SG. 07, Subang Avenue, Jalan Kemajuan,
Subang Jaya, Selangor 47500

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7.5/10, for the nicely prepared, tender, juice and thick (200grams!) steak but where's the sauce?

8 comments:

  1. I live near the area and have frequented El Toro three times altogether. I have to say, hats off to the man behind the scene who cooks the steaks coz the steaks have always consistently been very well cooked. The only down part was the waiters/waitresses. With the exception of one Malay waitress there, the rest of the crew who appear to be foreign Filipino employees, either don't understand what we were asking or completely misinterpret our requests. After watching them take almost 5 minutes to come back with a simple request for a pack of sugar in an almost-empty (as it was near closing time) outlet, service is just deplorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spot on observations! i think the services can be improve further also. mabe el toro should make amends to both of us with...200gm grassfed steak? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a muslim. I love steak and other western food. I also learn pastry's. Do you follow muslim requirement?... I hope your food is open to muslim to enjoy your incredible cuisine. Since the comment above is very positive I hope you could widen your market to other people and belief too. Anyway congrats....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm, im not sure it's a halal restaurant or not le. must check it out someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. last i read it's a halal restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sell halal beef fr Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sauce? You asked for Sauce? When the STEAK is good, asking for sauce is an insult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you see the 'array' of sauces that they have on the table? I just with for a more authentic, original and personal sauce:)

      Delete