Kizuna Japanese Restaurant, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, Ipoh, Perak: Best In Ipoh, Taiping And Some Say Whole Perak?

Well, I got to keep this entry short, compact and raw (pun intended) because I’d got too many materials to write and too little time to do so. I was back in Ipoh for a few days to pack my stuffs before going home to Seremban.

Luckily, I managed to visit some very famous eateries in Ipoh, which I intend to blog on later. Please wait a little bit longer for my ‘World Famous Ipoh Food’ series, hehe.

Kizuna Japanese Restaurant. Photo taken during closing time. Otherwise, all the parking lots will be taken. Not to worry because there’s a huge parking space at the side of the restaurant, just for Kizuna customers

J and I went for dinner at Kizuna Japanese Restaurant a few days ago. It’s situated at Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, just behind Tesco Ipoh. When you reached there, there’s a nice car park just for Kizuna customers and people to look after your car, how nice!

Opening and closing hours. All major credit cards accepted by sadly, no discount.
This restaurant is one of the more successful ones in Ipoh, despite having more and more Japanese restaurants mushrooming in Ipoh, serving the freshest sashimi that comes in huge slices too, hehe. Their extensive range of Japanese foods is bound to make choosing difficult, so take your time.

I’d tried a few other Japanese restaurants around Ipoh and Taiping but when comparing with Kizuna, it always makes me regret eating at those places, hehe.

Nice ambient. Again, taken during closing or else the restaurant will be packed to the brim. I remembered eating at this table with my colleagues last time and the dishes filled from one end of the table to the other end, great!
Nice decor
Comfortable and relaxing
Great selection of Japanese wines
Menu, too many dishes to choose from.
J and I ordered chuka kurage, soft shell crab, shake don, cucumber maki and nabe udon plus 2 glasses of cold green tea. Here are the running pictorial commentaries, although might not fully reflect of Kizuna’s full potentials as the menu has vast choices, and both J and I can only eat so much, hehe.

Wasabi, a different kind of spiciness, all the way down your throat and up to your nose!
For appetizer, I ordered chuka kurage, one of my favorite dishes. I like the crunchy feelings when chewing it. In Kizuna, it tasted ‘light, just right’...but the amount is small. Wish they could give more next time.
Another favorite, soft shell crab. I always love fried stuff so this crab and I quickly became accustomed, hehe. Not oily, nicely marinated taste and crab big enough for two.
Cucumber maki. The staff told me it’s nice to eat, crunchy on the outside, meaty inside (prawns + unagi fillings). My verdict, plain cucumber with just plain, bland fillings, disappointed!
 
Nabe udon. I ordered this for myself. Udon noodles with 1 tempura prawn, slices of mushrooms, one egg, some vege and lots of soup (I had to drink almost ¾ of the soup before I can take any photo with the udon visible). No meat, omg?! Japanese are definitely eating more healthy foods than me.
 
J and I were both hungry so instead of ordering sashimi, I thought she should order something with rice. She ordered shake don (salmon with rice and miso soup). The rice was sweet and a lot, nice. However, the salmon slices were a bit thin (but still fresh) compared when I ordered sashimi last time. Why...inflation? Hmm, profit margin vs quality...I hope Kizuna will choose wisely.
The damage. According to J, it’s still cheap and reasonably priced;)

Kizuna Japanese Restaurant
No. 8-10, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, Medan Ipoh Bistari,
31400 Ipoh, Perak.
Tel. 05 542 8800

Tips:
Order sashimi
Eat in groups. Only then can try more different types of Japanese dishes.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7.5/10. Compared to my previous visits, the food are somehow not as ‘exciting’ and ‘fulfilling’ and before. With other Japanese restaurants in Ipoh quick catching up, I personally think Kizuna should buck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment