Ninja Joe @ The Gardens, Midvalley, KL: Pork Burgers...Good? Great?

I was thrilled when I found that that there's a restaurant in The Gardens, Midvalley, KL selling PORK burgers! I'd eaten 'chu yuk si'/ pork floss burger, 'bak kua'/ dried bacon burger and bacon sandwich before and I love all of them. So, you can say that I have very high expectation before eating at Ninja Joe @ The Gardens, Midvalley, KL.

Ninja Joe @ The Gardens, Midvalley, KL. I love the catchphrase ' If you can't handle it, you're chicken':)
I went there with J, partly to make sure that my over-enthusiasm over the pork burger won't cloud my judgments. I don't want this food review to be biased and she'll make a good counterbalance because..J don't like foods at all, hehe. Hand in hand, we walked into Ninja Joe...bells ringing, birds singing (nope, that was all in my head, hehe).

Menu, simple enough...or not enough choices. There's only one variant of burger, pork! No chicken or beef burgers? Very risky business decision indeed. It was either their pork burger was superb or you have a not so bright manager putting all eggs into one basket. However, there are 3 'sizes' of pork burger that you can choose from, Ninjas', 'The Big Boss' or 'Brucely'. You can also order just one burger or ordering in 'bulk' (1, 2, 3, 6 burgers, price slightly cheaper when buying more) but each burger can only have ONE special sauce (original, teriyaki, oriental, spicy, black pepper, sweet & sour) for each burger. Additional cheese (RM1) or bacon (RM1) can also be requested.

I ordered 3 burgers (black pepper, spicy and teriyaki sauces), zing soda (RM4.50) and french fries. I hate the french fries, fat, soft, soggy and so little! The drink was okay but far from 'zing-y'. Anyway, there were just the supporting cast, not important. Next, the verdict on the pork burgers...

Interior decor, bad. You might think that I was eating at a prison cell instead in restaurant at The Gardens, Midvalley, KL with such dim lightings. Perhaps, this is how ninjas underground hideouts look like, hmm. Honestly, I brought out the gloomy feelings instead of the exciting and appetizing environment.

Unwrapped my pork burger to discover this. Not a good first impression, huh! Poorly prepared and stamped all over with 'tidak apa' atitude. The only way they could get out from this mess now will be that their pork burger taste extra good. Was it good?
Was the pork burger good/ great? The clue is in the photo above. Got it?
The answer to the above question, none of the above. The pork burger tasted lousy and utterly tasteless, even with their so called special sauces, which they put so little. I don't understand how it could end up tasteless because even if you fried the pork patties, you'll definitely have SOME taste. I have to depend on their chili sauce (above) to be able to swallow it. No pleasure eating the pork burger at all, doing so much injustice to the piggy sacrificing themselves to end up in such a lousy food
Lot LG-233, Lower Ground Floor
The Gardens, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra, KL
 
Tasty Or Not?
Rating 1.5/10 (and J agreed with me on this too). Very disappointing, pity my piggy. Avoid.

1 comment: