Breakfast @ Feast Village, Pangkor Laut Resort: Diverse Varieties Of Wholesome Breakfast!

Alright, I chose to put the past/ yesterday behind me. Yesterday meals was rather bad and didn't even meet my bare minimum expectation. Anyhow, I head on to breakfast again on day two, after my morning bath tub dips, of course:)

Arrived at the same venue as yesterday's dinner @ Feast Village, Pangkor Laut Resort for breakfast, buffet style. Here are some foods I'd tried on my first buffet breakfast, just a short and brief write-ups. Enjoy!


Hash brown and sausage with cheese fillings. Hash brown was crispy and not too oily while the sausage was well-cooked with the cheese melted within. Nice.
This porridge was totally out, akin mixing rice with water and some small shredded pieces of crab meats. Tasteless.
Steamed dim sum. Presentation-wise, failed. Taste-wise, also failed. You can getaway with lousy foods with the foreigners but Malaysians, especially those from Ipoh, knew that even those selling dim sum at kaki lima or road side in Ipoh taste better and look nicer than this. I wonder if your boss tried this before!
Fried noodles cooked before your very eyes:)
I'll be kind with this dish. I think it's acceptable although it can't match any street foods. The reason? Absent of lards! Absent of wok hei! Absent of secret sauce! Fried noodles (mee or koay teow) need lards and special concoction of secret sauce to be able to deliver the one-of-the-kind taste. Try char koay teow in Penang instead.
Another view of the fried noodles. Looks good, taste acceptable.
My favorite (not the girls here but the juice station)! Pick any fruits from the front and these two ladies will turn it into fruit juice!

Cutting the fruits into small pieces and putting it into juice machine.


Processing the fruits --> juices
Seen here, orange juice and orange+apple+tomato+honey dew juice:)

The sandwich sections with a varieties of cheese shown here. I asked them to cut into small pieces all kinds of cheese that's available here.
Cheese: Cheddar, Parmesan Gruyere
Cheese: Edam, Govinda
Cheese: Gouda

Various cheese in small bite-sizes

More cheese. To be honest, I didn't finish all these cheese and part of these went to waste. I'm sorry.
Toast with salted/ unsalted butter
Egg station for all kinds of egg preparations, on demand:)
My sunny-side up eggs in process.

Muffins, I like!

Danish pastries, the texture was so nice, sweet and flaky to sink my teeth into it!
Roti canai station. Chicken curry was excellent, comparable to my mamak stalls (it's a compliment!) while the roti canai made as I ordered, 'garing'/ crispy:)
My roti canai chef, getting my curry chicken's extra chicken. The chicken meats here were all from thigh meat, tender to eat and boneless too

For those more adventurous, there were many other types of chili/ curries but I chose to stick with my chicken curry instead:)
My roti canai garing:)
J's favorite food station, pancake!

And these were the pancake dips you can take to have with your pancake. Strawberry marmalade, banana compote, coconut jam, honey and maple syrups. I'm in pancake heaven!
Cereal corner: Muesli and coco crunch seen here. Also, there were honey star, almond crunch and cocoa cringe.
Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 6.5/10. There are many stations with different kinds of foods available here. You'll be having too much fooda with too little space in your stomach for the foods/ drinks. Overall a much better eating experience than yesterday...or did I lower my expectation too much today, hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment