O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe @ 1 Utama: Bread Healthier Than Rice? Myth Or Facts???

How many of you will eat bread for lunch or dinner? Not many, huh. Actually, I do have a friend who eats breads every single day for lunch. He claimed that rice wasn't a healthy option. Hence, I went to do some checking regarding their nutritional values, focusing on both calories and more importantly, fiber content.
O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe @ 1 Utama
 Myth or Facts?

Calories
Plain rice 100g (175 calories)
2 slices plain bread (95 calories)

Fiber content
A slice of white bread, fiber content (0.5g)
 A cup of white rice, fiber content (0.8g)

Conclusions: Bread, even plain white bread seemed to be more calories-friendly. Also, their fiber content are much more (since most people will eat more than one slice of bread at a time).

So, with that, let me introduce to you a place to eat bread, hehe. 

Freshest ingredients at the front counter.
I happened to purchase a Groupon at O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe, which entitled me to their 'O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe Signature Classic Tripledecker Sandwich for RM7.60 instead of RM15.30' promotion.

Another side of the front counter. There are so much of ingredients to choose from, 'rambang mata' already:)
Fortunately, I don't need to make any choices of my own since the Groupon already stated my order, Signature Classic Tripledecker Sandwich for RM7.60 (normal price: RM15.30 promotion). Honestly, I don't know anyone who'll pay more than RM15 to eat bread! Oh, if you count properly or see them preparing the bread, this 'trippledecker' is actually JUST 2 slices of bread, albeit larger size than normal ones. Just 2 slices of bread = RM15!!!

Okay, price aside, how's the taste? Firstly, it's too big to sample all of it in one go. So, I had to 'compartmentalized' when eating this sandwich. The portions with tuna is nice (as in all bread with tuna also-lah), then the parts with 'greens' (vegetables) and 'reds' (tomatoes) were refreshing and crunchy. The bread itself was...just bread. And the potato chips seen littering on the plate here? I don't see their purpose at all and might even negate the 'benefits' from eating bread, right?
O'Brien Irish Sandwich Cafe
Menara OCBC
Menara Prudential
The Curve
1 Utama
Empire Shopping Gallery

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 3.5/10, not factoring the price here since it's all about the taste! Will I eat here again? Absolutely...NOT. I enjoy my home-made bread with bacon much, much more (although less healthy, hehe).

1 comment:

  1. I just had this.

    Very tasty! Not counting the price, the taste should be 7/10.

    Actually, Tripledecker has 3 slices of bread. I eat at one go...the colesalaw part and the chicken part (it's not tuna btw!) together. If you eat them seperately... the taste is not special.

    Anyway....overpriced sandwich. To O'Briens --> Slash the price by 30% and you'll get double ammount of customers!

    ReplyDelete