Restoran Vishal Food & Catering's Banana Leaf Rice: 'Mess' Dining For My Banana Leaf Rice:)

I missed my Larut Lane banana leaf rice (Read: My Ultimate Food Discovery In Penang, My Favorite!: Famous Banana Leaf Rice @ Lumut Lane, Georgetown Penang) in Penang a lot!! I was eating there at least once a week (usually more), before I was transferred to Petaling Jaya. So far, I'd been to a few banana leaf rice stalls/ restaurants here in PJ and KL...some were nice, some wasn't.
Restoran Vishal Food & Catering @ Jalan Scott, Brickfields, KL

Another important thing that I missed also was the 'mess' (read Wikipedia: Mess) hall dining experience. Although my Larut Lane banana leaf restaurant was warm and...not the cleanest (hehe), I liked the way customers come and go and the quick services when I was eating there.

Just to pinpoint the location further, the banana leaf restaurant is just opposite Arulmigu Sree Veera Hanuman Temple @ Brickfield

In the midst of searching for another banana leaf restaurant which offers similar eating experience, my friend's father suggested to me to try out Restoran Vishal Food & Catering @ Jalan Scott, Brickfields, KL.

Idle time while waiting to be served. Nice attention given to the interior decoration, even the walls were tilled.

I went there to eat one fine Friday...

Spacious, clean, comfortable and exactly how a mess dining should be, long tables and chairs with banana leaves spread over the tables and awaiting customers.
My banana leaf rice with chicken varuval (RM12)
 Chicken varuval...dried gravy (exactly) which are supposed to be spicy (exactly not!). Taste-wise, the chicken tasted 'artificial'. It was more of 'instant flavor'-type food preparations as opposed to the true cooking together with herbs and spices. Well, what can I expect anymore nowadays from commercialized food industries? The amount of chicken also was 'downsized', aii.
Rice was fragrant, curry was not (similar reasons as above).
Side dishes weren't enticing enough from their looks and same can also be said about their taste.
Vishal Food & Catering, 
22, Jalan Scott, Brickfields, KL
Tel: 03 2274 0502
Opens daily for breakfast and lunch

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 5/10. The food was average, service was average (need to be prompted when my rice/ side dishes were running low), price was of normal range and the environment was pleasant. Hm...if only the foods were better.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Fantastic article, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I been visiting your blog since a few months ago. Nice food you have been having. I have a food blog too. Come visit! ;)
    ration MREs meals ready-to-eat,
    large scale catering

    ReplyDelete