I Heart Yogurt's Frozen Yogurt VS. McDonald Ice-Creams: And The Best Dessert Goes To?

Nowadays, there are a lot of frozen yogurt stalls/ kiosks/ cafe sprouting out such as I Heart Yogurt, Tutti Fruti, Fruuze and etc. It makes me wonder:

Is it tastier/ healthier/ cheaper than non-frozen yogurt?
Is it tastier/ healthier/ cheaper than ice-cream?

Well, I set out to unravel all these unsolved questions for all of you:)

I Heart Yogurt @ Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara.

Compared to my usual McDonald ice-cream dessert fix that I can get anywhere from any McDonald restaurants littered all over PJ/ KL, I had to drive a bit further to try out the frozen yogurt at I Heart Yogurt @ Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara. By the time I reached there after my lunch, it was already tea time, great timing, huh!:)

Upon my arrival, noted no customer or worker but he somehow sensed my arrival and came out to take my order. The menus and instructions to order were placed on the wall, the premium toppings on your right and free toppings on your left.



A closer look at the premium toppings marshmallows, Oreos, 'Rocky' strawberry sticks, etc.), a lot to choose from but I was allowed to choose only two premium toppings because I ordered small 'Simple Snack' size (RM8.50). I chose Oreo and mango (was given bits of crushed Orea and small cubes of mango).
My order and 'design'...mango-flavored yogurt plus small mango cubes and 'crushed and bits' of Oreo. For free toppings, I chose chocolate sprinkles, chocolate cubes and chocolate rolls. To be honest, it was less of 'design' and more of trying to maximize the spaces of my small yogurt cup to fit in as many free toppings as possible, haha.
Okay, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn how to order, it's simple. In fact, the menus were placed on the wall.

McDonald Sundae Cone
McDonald ChocoTop

Firstly, choose the size of your yogurt serving (or according to them, how much satisfaction do you want your tummy to be). They come in 3 sizes, plus number of premium toppings allowed (see below).


Simple Snack, with 2 premium toppings - RM8.50
Meet Me Halfway, with 3 premium toppings - RM13.50
Larger Than Life, with 4 premium toppings - RM17.50


Another customer (not me) trying to maximize the amount of free toppings in his yogurt cup too. Credit must be given to I Heart Yogurt for being more generous compared to Fruti Tutti.
Another view of my 'chaotic' frozen yogurt arrangement. This was bound to happen as soon as I saw how small their cup was, hehe.
Secondly, choose the flavor of your yogurt. It could either be original, seasonal (at that time, mango flavor) or twist (mixture of both original and seasonal flavor?).
McDonald Sundae
McDonald Oreo McFlurry
Finally, add-on your toppings (the freshest and most interesting toppings, according to I Heart Yogurt). Compared to the kiamsap Fruti Tutti, which charges for every single gram of whatever you take (yogurt plus toppings), I Heart Yogurt is more generous. Here, besides the 2-4 premium toppings that you're allowed to take, there were also a free toppings section. You can add whatever amount of your likings, as long as your yogurt cup can accommodate, hehe. I ordered small 'simple snack' size yogurt, mango flavor, plus mango and oreo premium topping, plus chocolate biscuit, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate rolls.

Coupons!!! More savings!! Err, or more spending on over-priced, over-hyped and over-little (I coined this word, not bad, right? hehe) amount of frozen yogurt as dessert?

I love the design of this place. Clean, spacious and chic-ly designed.

Another view. WiFi is also available here but I don't think you'll be spending a lot of time here. Frozen yogurt are meant to be eaten fast, before they melt, obviously. So, unlike in other cafe, where you order coffee and spend your time surfing Internet and chit-chatting, I think you'll be trying to eat your yogurt here as fast as you can before they melt. If chilling out is your plan, this is not the place to go, right?
Nice decor. Too bad this is not a blog about design.
Let's answer some questions here.

Is it tastier/ healthier/ cheaper than non-frozen yogurt?
Mango-flavored frozen yogurt at I Heart Yogurt is nice but there are some non-frozen yogurts (that you can find in supermarkets) that contained more than just yogurt, made from fresh fruits and are 'fat-free' too. Their prices? About RM3-4 per bottle! Oh, it's not frozen, so there's no rush to finish eating/ drinking it before it dissolves, hehe.

I like!, no, I love! Hehe:)

Is it tastier/ healthier/ cheaper than ice-cream?
I'll let most of you decide (least you'll say that I'm unfair, hehe) on how McDonald ice-creams taste. And to borrow from Steve Jobs famous phrase, "And one more thing...all McDonald ice-creams sell at less than RM5!" (Oreo McFlurry cost about RM4.20, if I'm not mistaken)

I Heart Yogurt
No. 19-1, Jalan PJU 5/13
Dataran Sunway
Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel : 03-6150 3823
 Opens daily 12pm - 10.30pm


Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 3/10 (Frutti Tutti: 2/10). I don't foresee myself eating any frozen yogurts in the future but I can't imagine not eating McDonald ice-creams!

No comments:

Post a Comment