Dinner @ PJ Hilton: So-So Food For A 5-Star Hotel, Aii..

What a dispointment! I should have anticipate it and come out earlier!

What am I talking about? Well, I went to PJ Hilton for a talk yesterday evening. I was really hoping for a nice dinner after the talk, like the one I had in Shangri-La (Read: Dinner @ Shangri-La, Kuala Lumpur: A Night To Remember...About The Food). Also, I was really hoping it's not going to be buffet dinner, fingers crossed!

Assorted Malay kuih
Anyway, after the talk ended, we were ushered to the next room to have our dinner.

Assorted French pastries
Omg! It was buffet dinner:(

Apple strudel with vanilla
I should have come out earlier to snap photos of the foods there but I didn't (hm, the talk was really interesting). Since everyone was already at the dining room, I think it's not very nice to snap photos of the food at that time.

My own assortment of Malay kuihs, one of each kind. All were sweet and brought back the memories of olden days (when I had it at my school canteen, hehe)
I only took some photos of the desserts because there were still untouched as most of the people there were still eating their main dishes. Anyway, just for the records, here are some photos of the dessert yesterday at PJ Hilton.

One of each of the French pastries. Hm, most are just sponge cake, disappointed. Lousy.
My blend coffee x 3 shots. I didn't sleep until 2.30am yesterday. I wished I have the coffee machine at my own home also.
I didn't managed to drink the tea...so I took 2 packets back home with me, hehe. Well, I'm sure it was paid for already. It'll be a waste to let PJ Hilton take it back and use for other customers, right? Again, I wished I can take the coffee machine back with me instead, hahaha.
Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel
No 2 Jalan Barat, Petaling Jaya
03-7955-9122

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 4/10. The buffet was so-so only. I like the fish fillet (more so when it was boneless!) but other dishes were severely lacking in taste. Desserts were rather plain for a 5-star hotel. Anyway, to be fair, maybe we're just getting what our organizer paid for, aii.

No comments:

Post a Comment