Restoran Fei Kay Bah Kut Teh @ Klang: Best Kept Secret...Klang's Best Bah Kut Teh:)

Klang most famous, Bah Kut Teh, the 'dry' version with a bowl of BKT soup too. So you're actually getting the best of both!

It's actually not a secret-la, everyone knew about Klang BKT, it's famous throughout Malaysia. However, the secret here lies at this BKT restaurant that I'll be introducing. It's not as famous as other big-wig Klang BKT restaurants but nevertheless, it tasted great! 


Inside Fei Kay Bah Kut Teh restaurant. Hm, I wonder who actually suggested this space-sparing but dangerous and stupid way to boil water? But...it's more stupid for people to choose to sit next to it, right? Oops, it was sitting beside it:)
How I got to know about this restaurant? From the local, of course!

The rice arrived promptly and so was the BKT soup. The rice were fragrant and in adequate amount. I had to drink the BKT soup first before it gets cold...excellent taste! The BKT's 'herbs and spices' enhanced soup was very flavorful indeed, with signature of Klang BKT all over it.
I drove all the way to Klang one night for dinner, hoping to eat at some famous BKT establishment. Upon reaching there, I was swamped with Klang BKT restaurants everywhere I turned into and even my trusted Garmin GPS was filled with so many choices. Not wanting to settle with 'imitators' for my BKT dinner, I called up my buddy, A, who lives in Klang.

My 'dry' Klang BKT, the best that I'd tasted before (compared to those in Seremban, Penang, Taiping or Ipoh). I ordered a mixture of everything but less internal organs (high content of uric acid). Chunks of meat with thick, fatty and smooth layer of skin, por# ribs/ 'pai guat', por# intestines, ear, tail, etc, hehe all cooked in claypot until the BKT sauce became thick and absorbed by mixture of ingredients in it, yummy!
He told me his favorite BKT restaurant and I was glad that the BKT restaurant was listed in my Garmin GPS. I hurried to the restaurant only to find A and his wife were still eating from the same BKT restaurant that he recommended. I must say that it was another vote of confident for the restaurant itself.

An example of the thick, succulent, flavor-rich, taste-bursting, no-bones, fatty and smooth por#. Gulped! Omg!!!

Kitchen area: Clean and neat, I like:)
Another possible weapon of mass destruction here, hehe.

A bit dark and gloomy from outside. Maybe that's why they remained a 'secret' and unknown to others. They should seriously consider lighting up their signboard as bright as their restaurant, hehe
Restoran Fei Kay Bah Kut Teh
95 (Tingkat Bawah), Persiaran Pegaga,
Taman Bayu Perdana, 41200 Klang, Selangor
Opens daily 8.00am – 10.00pm
 019-340 8883 

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 8.5/10. Their 'dry' version of BKT and its unparalleled and superb taste made my trip all the way to Klang worthwhile. Thanks A for your recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment