Dinner @ Shangri-La, Kuala Lumpur: A Night To Remember...About The Food:)

An evening at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur already excites me, not to mention having dinner there too! However, all was not smooth going. I almost miss it because of the traffic jam! Luckily, I left early but only managed to reach there just in time only.
Dinner menu. I love the amount of effort they put into creating each dish.

Marinated Wild Mushroom and Asparagus With Lettuce Leaves and Basil Dressing
Closer view. Wild mushroom's taste accentuated with surrounding fresh 'greens'. To be honest, I ate two servings of this dish because my friend wasn't feeling that appetizing. Guessed her loss is my gain:)
Sweet Potato Cream Soup With Thyme and Pesto Turkey Ham. This soup is so appetizing, I had 2 servings too, haha. Also, this soup was cooked into perfection, not too thick, not too watery.Instead of eating chunks of sweet potatoes, you'll be surprised to be drinking the sweet potatoes and eating chunks of fragrant turkey ham.
Grilled Herb Brushed Chicken Breast with Garlic Confit, Polenta Cake and Honey Mustard Sauce. If I want to sum up this dish, it'd be...HEALTHY. No traceable oil or skin on the chicken and a lot of antioxidants from the accompanying garlic and greens. Tastewise, the herb's aroma was mild but lasting while the chicken breast was slightly rough (wished they'd serve drumstick instead! hehe)
Chocolate Coated Hazelnut Parfait with Wild Berry Coulis

Closer view. The only drawback of this dessert was...not enough! Again, I had 2 serving of this wonderfully made dessert. It was a rarity having hazelnut ice cream in presence of so many berries, yay!

Mignardises
I was wondering what the last dish was but it didn't disappoint. Nice small chocolates with 5 different varieties to fill up the small spaces still left in the stomach, hehe.
Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 8.5/10. What else to expect other than the best foods from one of the best hotel in Kuala Lumpur:)

No comments:

Post a Comment