Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie, KL: I Fell In Love With This Place...And Their Food Too!

If you want to bring your 'special' one(s) for a romantic breakfast, lunch, teatime or dinner...THIS is the place to go.

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie, KL.View from outside.
The ambient and environment here is so 'not' KL. You'll be surprised to find, in the midst of all the high rise buildings and traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur, a nice little bungalow restaurant + cafe + bakery situated IN Kuala Lumpur! If I were to give ratings not taking into account the foods, it'll be 10/10!


Front counter with a huge menu on the right side. It's a self-service restaurant with friendly waiter and waitresses.
Another view from inside. Wonderful! Spacious, cooling, comfortable and clean! I'm imagining myself eating at 'my' bungalow...how luxurious!:)

Okay, let me share with you my dining experience there. I went there with J a few days ago. We reached there in the evening, about 8pm and selected a cozy spot next to the window. Then, we were told by the waitress that it's self-service restaurant. Hence, both of us went to the front counter to place our orders. We were surprised to know that the restaurant closes at 9pm! Who on earth in KL closes at 9pm?! Haha.

Menu board, divided into 2 parts; morning breakfast (8am-10.30am), followed by hot menu (11am-8.30pm). What I ordered? Continue reading...

What we ordered? Seafood Aglio Olio (RM12.50) and Chicken Lasagna (RM12.00), plus Tripple Chocolate (RM9)
Seafood Aglio Olio. Tasty with chunks of seafood at every bite. Spaghetti 'bouncy' and not soggy, coated with tinge of saltiness and exquisite herbs taste. Only drawbacks, small portions.
Another view of my seafood aglio olio. Oil-less? I'm not sure but it sure looks and taste 'healthy':)

Another photo of my seafood aglio olio with tripple chocolate at the background:)
Chicken lasagna garnished with basil dressings. Fresh outside and soft and delicious inside.

You don't trust? See how soft it is inside. Layers of aromatic cheese coating chunks of deeply marinated chicken inside. The lasagna literally melts in my mouth. Portion-wise was just nice but the cheese taste was slightly too empowering.
Not to forget also my tripple chocolate. At RM9, okayla. Price would be almost the same if I drank it in CBTL or Starbucks. It's not too sweet and I love the surprisingly authentic bitter aftertaste.
Water + slices of lemon (FOC), self-service.
There's MORE! This restaurant also serve some premium cakes, macaroons and distinguished pastries made from their own stone oven!

Cake section at the side. Their cakes were more expensive than Secret Recipes cakes, ranging from RM8.50-RM10. You got to see AND taste it for yourself to know why it deserves such a price tag:)
Noisette (RM9). A layer of Hazelnut Dacquoise, Dark 62% Mousse, Chocolate Flourless Cake, Pralinosa Mousse. What?! Heavenly!
I can't tell u more now but I'm sure that I'll make repeat visits to Levain B & P pretty soon.

Levain's pastry sections (all housed in the same bungalow!). One of the best pastries, according to my friend, M. I can't wait to go there one fine early morning to eat their breakfast and pastries and sit there whole morning till afternoon, haha.

Just a small portions of their extensive pastry selections.

Macaroon sold here too but unfortunately, we were too late and they were not making macaroons anymore for that night.

Ended up buying some macaroon 'biscuits', hahahaha
 Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie Sdn Bhd
No. 7, Jalan Delima, 
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 
Tel: 03 2142 6611
 
Tasty Or Not?
Rating 9/10, for the above reasons and more, when I go there again next time to try out their pastries and others!

1 comment: