Sin Wah Char Koay Teow @ Pulau Tikus Market: Seafood Galore @ Sin Wah CKT

Have you read my posting on the 'Secrets Of Great Penang Char Koay Teow, Unveiled!'?

Sin Wah Char Koay Teow. One of the stall opening along Pulau Tikus Market in the evening.

Well, this char koay teow stall at Pulau Tikus Market, Penang is a good reflection on how the 'secrets' are fully utilized to prepare a plate of char koay teow at its best. The boss uses seafood to the max by putting in medium sized prawns, cockles and sotong, plus lots of lards (you can still ask for more, hehe). There's also option of chicken egg or duck egg, an extra RM0.50 for duck egg (actually, I don't see or taste the different between chicken or duck egg, probably just hype).

Sin Wah Char Koay Teow; well known among char koay teow lovers

The crowd can be huge during dinner hours and the queue can be quite long but the wait is never more than 30 minutes. Also, prepare to pay a bit more when you eat at Pulau Tikus area as it's considered more upscale compared to other parts of Penang. To be honest, this used to be one of my favorite char koay teow stall but somehow I don't get the thrill when eating at this place anymore lately. The koay teow noodle seemed to be getting lesser, 'liews' are getting smaller (see photos below) but most importantly, the taste aren't that tempting anymore.

My RM6 char koay teow with everything extras. Seen here to be just like any normal CKT, disappointed for the little amount of noodles and 'liews' and not spicy (no spicy variety here). Enough wok hei, not too oily and the lards help propped up this otherwise excitement-deficient char koay teow
As usual, I ordered my large, extra noodles, extra liews, extra everything. The damage? RM6 and probably a bit narrowing at my heart vessels. Please note that I don't eat so frequently and I have to do certain amount of exercises after eating certain type of foods.
For example, I have to do 100 times sit-up and 100 times push-ups after char koay teow, or 200 times sit-ups and 200 times push-ups after nasi kandar...do not eat like me unless you're under supervision of medical personnel, hehe;)
Close up photo of my char koay teow. Still the prawn looked small after 'close up', aii..

Close up photo. Up close and personal with the prawns (5), cockles (4) and sotongs (4). Personally, I think the liews are too little compared to Viva Food Court char koay teow. Tastewise is almost the same.
Anyway, I still haven't find a Penang char koay teow with prawns, crabmeat, cockles, sotong, mantis prawn altogether. You know? Tell me!;)

Sin Wah Char Koay Teow
Pulau Tikus Market
Pulau Tikus
Open from 6.30pm onwards

Tips:
Ask for more lards and liews for more excitement

Tasty Or Not?
Ratings 7/10...read above for comments (not motivated to comment more on foods that don't meet my high expectation).

2 comments:

  1. how about the Ah Leng Char Koay Teow at Dato Keramat road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's here
    http://tastyornot.blogspot.com/2011/04/lorong-selamat-char-koay-teow.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete