Noodles And Yong Liew @ Lam Kee, Kampar: After Long Wait, Long Queue...

Another frequent stop when I commute between Ipoh and my previous workplace at Trolak Selatan is Kampar town. There are a few nice food places if you know where to find it and I'm fortunate to know someone from Kampar to guide me on my food trail here.

This lady boss was busy since opening at 2.30pm
Small little shall at the back of Lam Kee shop; long queue since opening at 2.30pm
There is this famous char koay teow uncle frying the koay teow while sitting on a stool, famous big pau/ Chinese bun with curry chicken in it or famous claypot rice. Much are written about those famous food. I'll write to you where 'locals' favorite food instead and write about the rest of those famous foods some other time.
Various noddles for you to choose; bihun, yellow mee and lou shu fen


Soy sauce, soya sauce, fragrant oil; unbeatable combinations
Spring onions
When the clock strike 2.30pm, you'll see a congregation of people queuing behind Kedai Kopi Dan Makanan Lam Kee. That's when a middle age aunty opens her noodle and yong liew stall. Business was brisk from the start, with many people queuing to tapau/ takeaway and equally the same number ordering and eating in the shop itself.

Yong liew; meatballs, soft to the core, slightly bigger than average size, flavorful
Yong liew; fried meatballs, chewy, sunny golden in color, not oily, but not crispy (maybe because it had been prepared since morning), high demand.
Yong liew; Fish paste with crispy wonton wrapper, another favorite among customers
After snapping some photos, I went to wait for my food, which arrived shortly. I ordered combination nooodles (lau shu fen + mian) and mixed yong liews (all 5 different varieties, mixture of pork and fish paste). Noodles were soaked in hot water for awhile, then put in bowl and mixed with soy sauce and fragrant oil (sook yau) and sprinkled with some spring onion...simple, right?. Yong liews were put in a bowl and hot soup is poured into it. Altogether served with homemade chili paste.
Noodles combination; yellow mee and lau shu fen (too bad no minced meat)
All my yong liews still swimming in the soup; meatball, fried meat ball, fish paste wonton, fried tauhu, fishball

Complete set; noodles + yong liews + homemade chili paste!!!

Yet another view
It'd been a long wait for the stall to open at 2.30pm (weird timing to open) but it's worth it. Locals can't be wrong. I tried to eat as slow as possible to appreciate my long waiting time, but all nice food must come to a finish too, hehe. I take another few photos, then leave...and FORGOTTEN TO PAY...so sorry aunty, I'll pay the next time I eat at your stall again, ok?:)

My yong liews on my noodle after I fished them out from the soup  (note the size!). I always take out all my yong liews and then mixed it together with my noodles to coat them with fragrant oil and soy sauce too. However, the soup was a little salty.

Yong Liew And Noodles
Kedai Kopi Dan Makanan Lam Kee,
Jalan Baru,
31900 Kampar,
Perak

Tips:
Fried meatball is the more famous amongst all the yong liews

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7.5/10; noodle was simple and similar to most other places but the yong liews stand out for slightly above average size and very flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment