Curry Laksa @ Restoran Asia, Seremban: The Best Curry Laksa In Seremban, Trust Me! (Must Eat When In/ Passing/ Near Seremban!)

I'd been eating at Asia Laksa (as I fondly called) since I started eating spicy foods, which was many, many years ago. I used to frequent this place so often until the lady boss even know what's my order as soon as I stepped into her shop, but that was last time.

Laksa in Seremban is different from Penang because it's more of curry with santan (coconut milk) base.

In Asia Laksa, you order by telling the lady boss what noodle/ combination of noodles that you want; bihun/ vermicelli, lao shu fen or yellow noodle. The next step is to tell her what 'liews'/ ingredients you want or don't want to be put into your curry laksa. Liews/ ingredients available are such as curry chicken, taufupok, char siew, hard boiled egg (half), 'si ham'/ cockles, taugeh (beansprouts).

What makes Asia Laksa's curry laksa so special and 'must eat' in Seremban?
  • The curry soup is excellent and you can request the curry to be more spicy or less spicy (the lady boss will adjust by putting less curry soup and mix with more normal soup). The curry soup is fragrant, not greasy at all and excitingly spicy (if you choose for the more spicy curry soup).

Curry laksa. Seen here is taufupoks, slices of lean char siew and chili paste, plus the flavorful and non greasy curry soup

  • Thick curry santan gravy poured on top of the curry laksa noodle giving it the creamy texture and lemak taste of the santan, plus flavorful spices aroma but without the risk of biting on the spices itself.

Curry laksa; not seen here are curry chicken (sold out), thick curry santan gravy (already mixed with the curry soup), cockles (I didn't feel like eating, so din't asked for it), half egg and beansprouts (underneath my noodles)
  • Curry chicken, although just in small piece (not part of chicken), it's tender, meaty and I think is adequate and nice combination with the curry laksa.

Close photoshot. Unlike other curry soup, you can't see a layer of oil here as well as no chunks of spices in the curry soup giving you the unpleasant taste upon biting it.
  • Char siew, nice taste, no coloring, no fat but if needed to choose between curry chicken or char siew, I'll choose curry chicken...but in reality, I always choose both, hahaha.
Another close photo of the curry laksa
  • Taufupoks, my favorite. Why? because it can ABSORB the curry soup and when I eat it together with my noodle, the curry soup will burst in my mouth when I bite on it, yay!

Closer shot of the curry laksa.
  • Chili paste. Spicy, special and nicely blended. You can even buy the chili paste here separately. 
Why I didn't have photo of the shop here? Well, my dad tapau/ takeaway for me in the morning for breakfast. The drawback for eating at homa is you cannot add more chili paste.

Restoran Asia, 
364, Jalan Tok Ungku, 
70100 Seremban, 
Negeri Sembilan.

Tips:
Try bihun/ vermicelli together with your curry laksa. Why? because bihun/ vermicelli has tendencies to absorb the curry soup, making every strand of noodles having the nice curry taste too.
There's another similar shop in Senawang (operated by her brother) taste as good but the curry laksa a little more oily and so is the santan flavor. Try it out too.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 9/10. I can't find similar or better curry laksa like this in Penang or Ipoh. Perhaps in KL I might find someday?

2 comments:

  1. you should try the Blossom food court Laksa which taste better and sold out on every sunday before 12am..sorry dude again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recommendation..but you must try asia laksa. you'll be a convert in no time, haha!

    ReplyDelete