Damansara Hokkien Mee @ Damansara Utama: Searching For The Best Hokkien Mee...'Where Art Thou?'

I always find it hard to food review Hokkien mee because I 'absolutely love' Hokkien mee. I don't think anyone can cook a Hokkien mee that I don't like and I don't think I can really talk bad about Hokkien mee, no matter how critical I am, hahaha. (Yes, I'm Hokkien, hehe)

Damansara Hokkien Mee @ Damansara Utama (took this photo instead of the normal restaurant signboard, hehe)
The next Hokkien mee stall that I'll be introducing here is no exception. The only different is whether they serve good or GREAT Hokkien mee.

Idle time while waiting. I love 'all you can take' belachan chili paste, perfect combination with Hokkien mee!
Lards, and lots of it! I have to pay an extra RM0.50 for a small lard-laden plate, hehe. My mom sure going to scold me if my sister tell her about this, oops!
Another closer shot at my RM0.50/small plate of lards. How was it?! It's best to eat it together with Hokkien mee. So, continue reading and salivating please. More comments below:)
The threesome! Hokkien mee, lards and belachan chili paste!!! OMG, I'm so hungry now!!!!
Damansara Hokkien mee (RM7.50).
TRANSFORM!:) Okay, how's the taste? Although I didn't tell the cook to make it 'sticky and dry'/ 'hei kau', the Hokkien mee was cooked till dry but not sticky enough. Also, the taste wasn't that great, probably because the cook didn't cook it together with the lards. Instead, they chose to profit from selling the lards separately and withhold the lards when cooking the Hokkien mee, kiamsap! The amount was just right and so was the taste too. Also, the lards, although still crunchy, was lacking in taste (surprisingly). Together with the belachan chili paste, all are forgiven and I had an enjoyable meal here!
Another close up photos here. Evidently, the noodle was dry but not sticky enough
 Restoran Damansara Hokkien Mee  
121, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya
Selangor, 47300
012-2689345

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 7/10. If you're going there to eat next time, pay RM0.50 for a small plate of lards first and then ask the chef to cook it together with the noodles. Don't eat it separately.

2 comments: