Notable Mentions: Soto And Nasi Goreng Ayam @ Ujang Soto, Medan Selera Seksyen 11, Shah Alam

I'd go the distance if the food is great...or even if it's good only.

The next eating place that I want to introduce here might not be known to many and many might not even want to go there to eat because it's just a small stall.

Ujang Soto @ Medan Selera Seksyen 11, Shah Alam.

And that's why 'Tasty Or Not?' comes into the picture...to help small food stalls by featuring them and their foods here. However, I must warn that they're certainly going to be exposed to the same acerbic but truthful comments about their foods here.


Let's see that Ujang Soto at Medan Selera Seksyen 11, Shah Alam got to offer here.

Soto

Soto (RM4). Nice broth but a little oily, generous amount of noodles and chicken meat (and bones!) too.
Closer focus here. Putting fried chicken in soup is not a good combination. Soggy and crumpled fried chicken skin was a turn-off and so is their rough, post-fried meat. The soto broth was rather good with their sweet-slight salty taste but unfortunately, it was oily and so I avoided from drinking too much of the soup.
Another closer photo shot. Just the right amount to fill and warm the tummy.


Nasi Goreng Ayam
Nasi goreng ayam (RM4.50). This dish was highly recommended by my friend. Actually, this was my second visit here, just to try this dish because it was sold out the first time I visited this place.
Yup, there were 2 medium sized prawns, a few slices of beef meats too besides the chicken. The rice here was spicy, and hence the excitement or thrill when eating it. However, they again put quite a lot of oil in this dish. Anyway, oil aside, I still sweep clean the plate, hehe. BTW, do remind the boss to put in less oil the next time you eat there.

This photo really potong stim. Can you imagine my disappointment when I saw this! My drumstick was denuded not of their skin but their meat too! That's so unprofessional. Firstly, they gave me drumstick which was small and then I found out that almost half of the amount of meat was gone!
Ujang Soto,
Medan Selera Seksyen 11,
Shah Alam
Opens daily

Tasty Or Not?
Ratings 6/10 for both of the dishes (soto, nasi goreng ayam). Much can still be improved further and I hope to see this small stall grows into a big restaurant some day. I hope my small nudge can be a start of something big. Everyone, give it a try:)

No comments:

Post a Comment