Wendy's Mornin' Breakfast Melt Panini with Tuna...Worthy Challenger Of KFC & McDonald's Breakfast?

I was a little adventurous and unfaithful a few days ago. I cheated...my loyalty to KFC's and McD's breakies were...tested. Why?

Wendy's Mornin' Melt Panini with Tuna (RM6.35)

Armed with a coupon that I bought from Groupon (promotion: 2 for the price of 1), I strayed into Wendy's to try out their breakfast, Mornin' Melt Panini with Tuna (normal price RM 6.35/each). What's panini? It's just an Italian version of a toasted bread/ sandwich.


Wendy's @ Jaya 1, empty in the morning


A lot of different breakfast sets to choose from.
Closer look at the menu. My order was actualy No. 2 Mornin' Melt Panini with Tuna (RM5.99), not the Mornin' Melt Panini Original No 1 (RM4.99)
The menus for the rest of the days are tucked at the side of the restaurant, huh! Who design this restaurant interior, I wonder? Hopeless.
Stupid promotional upgrades. In McDonald, you just need to pay once to upgrade to large. Medium??? The Wendy's managements are totally ignorant and didn't come down to the field/ 'turun padang' to do market survey. At the very least have the brain to put upgrades to Large and Extra Large...sounds better, right?
Okay, let's just focus on my Mornin' Breakfast Melt Panini with Tuna. The size of my panini was almost similar (slightly smaller) than KFC/ McD burger size. However, when I took my first bite at the panini, I was totally surprised. Unlike the usual toast that are hard throughout, this panini exudes freshness, warmth and crisp (yes, crisp!) texture that was simply amazing. I'd put it on par with McDonald famed buns, although both are totally different (toast vs steam).
Fresh lettuce and a slice of tomato with tuna...unbeatable combination. In fact, I'd say that they found the perfect combination for a healthy breakfast. How healthy can burgers with fried chicken/ sausages In KFC/ McD be compared to this? Why is it then that the whole restaurant was empty compared to the bursting crowds in KFC and McDonald? It's the pricing, stupid (again!). The managements are really dreaming when they set the price at RM6+, and no coffee compared to KFC/ McD which set their breakfast set at RM4+, plus coffee/ tea. How can they failed noticing all these? Your MBA from where? Wake up, dudes. Buck up! Aii..

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 8/10 for the wholesome and healthy panini. Will definitely eat it again...if the price is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment