Swedish Meatballs @ Ikea Food Court: Beefy-licious!:)

This is one of the most unexpected place I'd been to find good food.Thanks to my sister, who's working in Mutiara Damansara, she brought me to one of the nicest food around here...and it didn't cost a bomb.

She brought me to eat dinner at a food court (what?!) inside Ikea, the heaven for furniture and home furnishing products, yay!:) At first, I was a bit hesitated because...the food is from a food court(!). However, as soon as I arrived there, my perception changed a bit when I saw the whole area filled with people...much more people than the ones shopping for new furnitures/ home furnishing products. Impressive, huh!

My Swedish meatball (RM5.30/ plate of 5 meatballs), plus fries, secret brown sauce and raspberry sauce.
My perception fully changed 180 degrees finally. Why? Look at the photos below (taste not included, hehe)

Ikea Food Court @ Mutiara Damansara. Regulars foods are shown with photos while the 'special' foods are in writings, odd huh?!:) My sister said that she tried most of these foods in the menu already. She narrowed down the good foods here to Swedish meatballs and fried chicken. The rest of the foods...she don't recommend but you can try and let me know how it is.
The process is like this. You take your own tray, pass in front of this counter, order your food(s), they prepare your food instantly (actually all the foods were cooked already, they just scoop it up), you take the food and pay at the cashier. Simple and fast.
Nice environment, cooling, clean and lots of lights, hehe
My sister and I ordered 2 plates of Swedish meatball (5 meatballs each @ RM5.30/ plate) and 2 pieces of fried chicken wings (RM2/ piece). I told her not to order one plate of 10 meatballs but instead 2 plates of 5 meatballs so that we can have more gravies and fries, clever, huh:) However, she told me that they would give bigger plate along with more gravies and fries if we order 10 meatballs instead. Who is right? Hmm..

Another viewing angle...with the thick brown sauces filled to the brim, some raspberry sauces, 5 meatballs and generous amount of fries. 
Judgement time. The meatballs were meaty and tasted absolutely amazing together with the thick-sticky brown gravy, plus tinge of raspberry sauce. After my first meatball, I was thinking that I should order 10 meatballs instead, but I didn't...because I don't want to be stuffing food. I want to enjoy the food instead:) How about the fries? It's nice if you eat it fast but you can never be fast enough before some of it became soggy, right? Perhaps a separate plate for fries? Hm, but that would beat the simplicity of eating at a food court, right? Maybe they should serve my favorite shoestring fries because it's much more firmer and thus can last longer in the gravy. Nevertheless, this simple plate tasted awesome and surprisingly, just the right amount for dinner:)
Chicken wings...lousy. Go and eat McDonald spicy chicken instead.
Ikea Food Court, 
Mutiara Damansara, 
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 
Tel: 03 7726 7777
Opens daily 10am to 10pm 

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7/10 (for the Swedish meatball only). Simple and wholesome dinner (perhaps lunch/ supper should be more fitting, hehe).

3 comments:

  1. If I were you, I would have stopped blogging by now. You fail as a food reviewer. Just because it's a food court, you look down at the food.

    I have read a number of your posts and can you please stop comparing every food with fast food chain. You should just stick with reviewing fast food instead of of food which are prepared to order.

    I don't know how you get the interest of doing this, but please write a good review without comparing it to a fast food chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your critical comments. i have a day job and i intend to keep it:)

    tink ud missed reading my reviews on penang foods?th foods there are awesome! and i even ate at a dilapitated shophouse that serve msia best banana leaf rice!

    if u wish to read praises on every food place, suggest u to visit othr food blogs instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    Los Angeles Catering

    ReplyDelete