Subway Breakfast Promotion: SUB-standard?!!

I recently went to Subway @ E-Gate, Penang to try out their new breakfast promotion.

Please don't be shock!
Subway prides itself for serving the freshest food made before your very eyes and following your own choice of ingredients too. So, how can their food be substandard??? Calm down.


What I meant by substandard here is their substandard breakfast promotion. Price? More expensive than McDonald and KFC breakfast by more than 50% (RM6.30 compared to RM4.50) and I'm not trying to be dramatic here! Coffee? Not refillable and lousy 'instant' coffee! And the main 'inti' or toppings/ fillings for your bread is just a tiny scoop of tuna or 3 small triangle-shaped (not even a square/ rectangle!) ham!

OMG!!!

Subway breakfast promotion: 6-inch sandwich, plus a cup of non-refillable 'instant' coffee (it's not even a brew coffee! Just some coffee that the workers press a button and wait for the machine to mix the hot water with the 'instant' coffee powder!)

My 6-inch sandwich. Bread: honey oat. Toppings: 3 'small triangular' slice of ham (can you even spot the ham? I can't!), an egg and 3 'small triangular' slice of cheese (melted) plus other free toppings of my choice such as lettuce, tomato, onions. Sauces: mustard, bbq sauce, mayonnaise (confusing my taste buds. I think should just ask for one type of sauce only)
Now you can see why I said their promotion is a rip-off and SUB-standard. If it's a promotion, make it so!

I also checked on other food blogs to see if they also experienced similar problems. Unfortunately, all I read was just praises after praises. How can?! Even the coffee itself, Subway failed miserably! Haiz...anyway, I really don't think food bloggers should be 'cheerleaders' for all the food reviews that we posted on the Internet.

Tips:
Skip Subway breakfast promotion, lousy!

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 4/10 (only for Subway's breakfast promotion). The taste of the sandwich is good, IF I'm eating a vegetarian sandwich-la (due to the tiny-little-negligible piece of ham!). However, their ingredients are indeed fresh, especially their free vegetarian toppings.

p/s: Subway WiFi is amazingly fast! Even both McD and KFC combined also can't deliver such high speed experience...sorry, not extra point for high speed WiFi, only foods that matters here:)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree! Overall, subway Malaysia failed. I dunno y ppl r eating it. Malaysia's 6 inch sub can't fill u up. Sauces? NO KICK at all! Overpriced, not worthy of the price, lack quality. Stingy on the toppings.

    Subway (M) ? NOWAY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget also, no coffee refills:)

    ReplyDelete