Green House Prawn Mee & Loh Mee @ Burma Road, Georgetown, Penang: Is Their Prawn Mee Nice For Supper?

Where do you go when you're hungry at night and longed for a bowl of prawn mee a.k.a hokkien mee in Georgetown, Penang?

Green House Prawn Mee & Loh Mee. I seldom see people use the tern prawn mee in Penang because it's more commonly called Hokkien mee. Hm...maybe the boss is not Hokkien?
There's this food court located near the end of Burma Road, on your left, that opens till late at night. Just outside this food court, you can see a stall, Green House Prawn Mee & Loh Mee, selling prawn mee (not really sure how the loh mee taste because I haven't try it before). I gave it a try since my tummy had been grumbling the whole night when I was doing my revision. Really can't concentrate with an empty stomach!

Friendly boss asking me what I want to order. I order bihun-mee prawn mee plus siew yuk (roasted pork) and extra spicy.
An array of toppings that you can add to your prawn mee/ loh mee, too 'rambang mata' to choose. All additional toppings are charged separately on top of your normal priced prawn mee/ loh mee. Control yourself! I added-on my all time favorite siew-yuk:)

My prawn mee (RM5). In Penang, they always put your chili on a spoon and not mixed it with the soup. This is to enable those who cannot tolerate the chili full strength to put in only half or less yourself. Do not look down on our simple chili here because chili played a pivotal role in giving the soup some 'kick', just like in curry mee. It can also 'make or break' a dish, very important role!

Close up photo: My prawn mee plus additional siew yuk. Too little siew yuk! If I'm not mistaken, only 6 small-thin pieces of siew yuk!. For RM5, I don't think it's worth it, akin to nighttime robbery?! Also, the skin layer on top of the siew yuk was not even crispy a.k.a SOGGY, yuck!! (FYI, I didn't leave it under the soup for long and ate one of it first when the food arrived). Prawn? 3 little ones, WTF! Egg? Half (normal). Noodles? Few strands only. Chili? Moderate spiciness with some sweet 'belachan' aftertaste, nice. Soup? Average at best but once mixed with the chili, improve a little. Otherwise, nothing special.
Green House Prawn Mee & Loh Mee
Jalan Burma, Georgetown, Penang
Opens at night

Tips:
Don't eat supper, bad for your health.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 4/10. Taste-wise, mediocre at best for the prawn mee. Too stingy with the 'liews'/ add-ons. RM5? You can earn only once from me. Sorry, BANNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment