New Cathay Curry Mee @ Burma Road, Penang: Simple Curry Mee, Just Like Home Cook

Yes, I'm back!

So sorry for my absence from the blogging scene lately. I couldn't find time to blog last few weeks. I'd been very busy (and still busy) with some assignments and I just managed to finish some of it yesterday. Nevertheless, I still indulged on my favorite foods in Penang and Ipoh and Samsung Galaxy S had been busy snapping photos of great foods non-stop.

Simple curry mee stall, simple curry mee
Just want to introduce something simple today; curry mee @ Kedai Kopi New Cathay (at the intersection between Burma Road and Lorong Kucing). Why I enjoy the curry mee here? Well, nothing fancy about this stall's curry mee actually. There are no huge prawns, no huge bowls, no bulky yong liews and most importantly, no exorbitant pricing! One bowl of curry mee will cost just RM3.30. The taste of this curry mee will remind you of eating at home because the taste is so simple.
 
My curry mee side by side with my barley plus extra 'zhar'
Close up photo: Penang curry mee usually separate the chili paste onto a spoon. You'll be the one deciding on how much chili paste to mix in your curry mee depending on how spicy you can 'tahan', good idea, thoughtful too!
Seen here is the delicious curry mee topped with prawns, cockles (hidden), taufupok, slices of cuttle fish and fish cake and chili paste. Nothing extravagant here but all these small toppings and the simplicity of this dish will make you remember the feeling of eating at home. Really! Try it!
All the supporting casts for this wonderful curry mee; taufupok, cockles, slice of cuttle fish and prawn. Not seen here: slice of fish cake and chili paste.
Kedai Kopi New Cathay
Burma Road
Open from evening

Tips:
As usual, when I'm eating curry noodle, I'll order bihun for their absorbent nature so that the bihun will beable to absorb the curry in each strands of bihun.

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7.5/10. The simplicity of this curry mee will compel you to try it again and again and wonder why you're trying something that taste so simple...understand? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment