Mee Sotong Hameed & Coconut Shake @ Padang Kota Lama, Penang: Best Combo Lunch For Less Than RM10 In Penang!

Another Friday came by. I love the long lunch hours on Friday. It allows me to eat at places which are far from my working place. Jo suggested a new place to eat at Padang Kota Lama (Fort Cornwallis), Georgetown, Penang. She said the mee goreng aka mee sotong there is excellent and another 'must try' is the coconut shake (coconut drink + coconut 'meat' + ice cream).

Destination: Taman Kota Lama (Fort Cornwallis). Ample parking space along the road just fronting the beach.
Come join me to unravel two delicious Malaysian's foods here:

1. MEE SOTONG (MEE GORENG) @ HAMEED 'PATA' SPECIAL MEE
Mee goreng aka mee sotong @ Hameed. As usual, I always order large with everything extra, RM6 only.
Boss in action, cooking non-stop.
Mee goreng destined for takeaway. Portions are generous, both the noodles and the cuttle fish.
My large mee goreng with everything extra, RM6 only. The cuttle fish with its special sauce almost enveloped the whole surface of my mee goreng! Definitely worth it.
Close up photo. The cuttle fish is cut into bite size and mixes well with the mee goreng. So, every scoop of noodle will net you some cuttle fish along with some spring onions and fragrant fried onions, wonderful. The fried noodle itself is flavorful, enough wok hei and slightly oily but I do not find much egg/ no egg coatings on it, darn!

2. COCONUT SHAKE @ JALIL SPECIAL ICE KACANG

Must be weird for me to order coconut shake instead of ice kacang, right? Well, my I must admit I haven't try the ice kacang here yet but my friend did highly recommend me to order the coconut shake. The verdict? No regret.
Another sign board. It's easy to find this stall. It's just beside the mee sotong (mee goreng) stall.
Coconut, my favorite, can eat as well as can drink. Coconut shake's components: coconut drink, coconut 'meat' and ice cream. Excellent cooling properties during hot weather. I, myself took 2 servings of the coconut shake that day, hehe. Taste it to believe it!

Coconut 'meat' at the bottom. Generous portion of everything, too bad the glass is not in bigger size. Just RM2.50/serving
Padang Kota Lama (Fort Cornwallis Food Court),
Georgetown, Penang
Close on Sunday

Tips:
It's adequate to order regular serving as the portion is big enough.

Tasty Or Not?
Ratings: 7/10 for the mee goreng (mee sotong) and 8/10 for the coconut shake. It just cost RM6 + RM2.50 = RM8.50 for two of Malaysian's illustrious food, yay!

5 comments:

  1. some may argue that Mee Pata at Padang Kota Lama n the Mee Goreng Mamak at Bangkok Lane are the best.... I say Mee Pata tag team with Coconut Shake is a Winner. my wife who normally can't stand spicy food ate the full plate with sweat and tears topped off with a smile. Another Penang favourite, Nasi Tomato & Ayam Ros at Tajudin Husin, Queen Street at Little India area

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamak food are dirty...unfinished rojak and mee ingredients will be recycled for tomorrow..we are penangites,we know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its up to you, Anonymous. Dun like, then dun eat. Simple.

      Btw, dear author, I used your photo and credit given to you. I even link it to your page.

      http://hairacookies.blogspot.com/2014/08/pusing-penang-part-1.html

      Do check it out ya!

      Nice posts. Proud to be Penangites!

      Delete
  3. Last year, I tried it for the first time and I crave for more since then. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you look white or apperently Chinese also, the coconut shake man will not serve you.

    ReplyDelete