Woo Pin Fish Head Noodle @ Taman Danau Desa, KL: Delicious Fish Head & Fish Paste Noodle In KL!

When it comes to the description of healthy foods...for a Chinese chap, it's usually comprise of a few commonly acceptable statements such as:
 
Fish is always healthier than meat
Soup is better than eating 'kon-lo'/ dry
Heaty food better than 'cold' based foods
 

Woo Pin's Fish Paste Bihun Noodle (RM7)

Here I present a healthy to you today...  
Woo Pin's fish head/ fish paste noodles. It's comprises of fish head/ fish paste in noodle made from heaty pepper soup. There's also option to add evaporated milk in it, which, I did (then it won't be healthy, right? hehe).
 
Seen here are two different fish paste bihun noodle, one with evaporated milk (plus RM1) and another without. Personally, I prefer the one with evaporated milk as the soup is slightly more thick, more aromatic and matches well with rest.
Fried fish cake and fried fu zhu, each RM5 but if you order both, just RM8.
Another closer shot at my bihun fish paste with evaporated milk noodle. Besides the obvious, there are also diced tomatos, fried shallots, spring onions, preserved vegetables and I can swear I tasted some alcohol content in this creamy brooth too! Good combinations, dizzying every single part of my tongue's taste buds. The golden brown fried fish head is much nicer actually because it's so crispy and meaty (depend on luck, but I do have a few times I'm getting more bones than meat!@#$). Anyway, due to my laziness separating fish bones away I always order the fish paste noodle instead, hehe.
Seen here is the fish paste. On inspection, the size is of a respectable 3'' in length and 0.5''-1'' in circumference. If I'm not mistaken, I think there were 3 or 4 pieces of fish paste per bowl. How does it taste like? The taste was actually minimal (they forgotten one of the most important ingredient that can make it taste above the rest...but I'm not telling here, hehe) and depends mostly on the inherent taste of the fish. Here lies the problem because the fish paste tasted just like all other fish paste/ fish balls in KL. Does it mean that it's factory made? OMG! Again, the right words would be like for all other factory produced foods, generic and boring!!! 
Respectable amount of people everytime I visited this restaurant.
Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles
Jalan 1/109F
Taman Danau Desa
Kuala Lumpur.
Opens 7.30am till 10.00pm.
Closed on Mondays.

Tasty Or Not?
It's one of the nicer foods around KL. It's good, but not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment