Penang Hot Bowl White Curry Mee @ Abu Siti Lane, Georgetown, Penang: Unique White Curry Mee, Only In Penang?

It was certainly interesting to know of the existence of''white' curry mee located at the center of Georgetown. So much so when I heard it taste great also! I went there without much delay...the same day actually:)

WHITE curry mee!! (RM5.50)
It was located along Abu Siti Lane, on your left once you're about 2/3 the length of the Abu Siti Lane road. Parking was slightly cumbersome but if you're lucky enough, you can park at this shop front, which can accommodate about 2-3 'small' cars. Otherwise, you'll have to park along the road, which I'm confident you won't be summoned during lunch hours (our policemen are so understanding, sometimes!).


Let's go in now...

Order your foods here at the counter while the boss is preparing your meals. However, you don't have to wait. Just let him know your table number/ location and his workers will deliver it to you once it's ready. Service is quick:)

What to order? The menu is just above the counter. Their specialty here is the white curry mee (nomero uno on the menu board). They also sell many other foods here (see the photo above) at a reasonable price.
Recognitions. Newspapers and magazines write-ups and most importantly now...at Tasty Or Not? blog:)

Table accessories, clean and ample. Oh, I think this place is air conditioned too, if I remembered correctly.



Ta-daaaa~~!!! WHITE curry mee!! (RM5.50)

Closer focus; seen here is my favorite taufu pok, slices of cuttle fish and 'si-ham'/ cockles in WHITE curry mee. Why is it white?
Well, the reason it's called white curry mee is because the chili paste is mixed separately. We can take as much chili paste as we can tolerate, hehe. The chili paste taste awesome! I suggest you to mix one spoonful (if you can tolerate) with your white curry noodle and then scoop another spoonful and put in small plate to be mixed separately to enjoy it both ways!


White curry mee with chili paste, before mixing! How is it after mixing? I do not wish to take a photo of that as it'll be a common sight. I'd prefer you remember this photo instead, so pure, hehe. The taste was literally unforgettable. The chili paste was superbly-richly flavored and spicy too. Don't be greedy, try a little chili first before you go all out with the chili paste! 

Mi Kari Hot Bowl @ Lorong Abu Siti, Georgetown, Penang

16-A, Lorong Abu Siti, 
10400, Penang. 
 8am to 3pm (closed on every Monday)
Tel: 04- 227 3168
 
Tasty Or Not?
Arguably one of the best curry mee around. You can argue...but I'll win. Other commendable dishes available here are the de-boned chicken with soy sauce and Ipoh 'kai see hor fun'/ chicken shread koay teow.

2 comments:

  1. How about the curry mee at lorong kucing, the Pulau Tikus area. This one is nice, but I think the lorong kucing one near Hong Leong bank is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lousy service!
    Went there last week and as usual we ordered the food and drinks. When they served the drinks, I asked for an empty cup from a Bangladeshi worker. He answered me rudely and said “No empty cup!”. Then I went over to the counter to ask a local cashier the same question, he looked back at the Bangladeshi and the Bangladeshi pointed me to ask the owner.
    When I walked over to ask the owner (old woman with spectacles), the owner very rudely said “No empty cup!! Where can share drinks one?” I replied her that I’m not sharing, I’m coughing and of course I cannot be using the same cup because I cannot finish the drinks. The owner with her disgruntled and evil look, she raised her voice to a high-pitched squeak and said “Nobody want to wash!!” If there’s no one who wants to wash, she can consider closing down her shop. Is this how you do business?! You can even find an empty cup in any coffee shop.
    I walked away and help myself. I took the empty cup on my own and the same Bangladeshi quickly informed the cashier. The cashier could not be bothered.
    Definitely my last trip to this lousy place!!! You might consider removing this post from your blog.

    ReplyDelete