Chicken Leg Loh Mee @ Medan Selera Taman Free School, Penang: Delicious, Yet Unpretentious:)

If you happen to be hungry and driving along Jalan Masjid Negeri and notice a McDonald along the road on your left side, don't eat at McDonald! You're in Penang wey...great foods is at every corner! Turn left into the road named Free School Road, drive along the road until you reach a roundabout and take notice of a food court there called Medan Selara Taman Free School next to the roundabout.

There are a few nice food stalls in it. I'll share with you one of it tonight, which is named Chicken Leg Loh Mee:)


Chicken Leg Loh Mee, Medan Selera Taman Free School, Georgetown, Penang.




The Auntie boss preparing this mouth watering dish. Our senior citizen still working hard here, pls support!

Chicken leg loh mee, aerial view (RM3.80)
 
Closer view; seen here is the thick loh mee sause, slices of meat (pork), one chicken leg and sprinkles of fried onions.

Spoon with chili and garlic paste. I was wondering...is it meant to be mixed with the sauce since it was put onto a spoon that I'd use to mixed the noodles? I did finally mixed it altogether and regret doing do because I couldn't taste any different. So, I'd suggest you to ask for a small plate and mixed it little by little while eating your lam mee noodle.

Sorry for this messy/ gross photo (hehe) but I'd assure you that it taste great. I love the flavorful, thick sauce coating the noodles. The taste was light but it wasn't unique or have a lingering taste to long for more, honestly. The chicken leg was well prepared and I enjoyed the loose sensation of the skin+meat easily separated from the bone without much effort. I was even contemplating to order more chicken leg, hehe. However, the meat (pork) appeared unseasoned and bland in taste if not for the thick sauce.

Medan Selera Taman Free School 
Jalan Trengganu (Jalan Free School), 
10460 George Town, 
Penang  

Tasty Or Not? 
It is simple dish...deliciously prepared. It might not be my all time favorite but it'll certainly warm up your tummy for more great Penang foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment