Kocha Taiwanese Delight @ Burma Road, Georgetown Penang: My take?

I still remembered that evening when I was working overtime and thought that I will be having my dinner alone. That was before an old (not that old actually, hehe) friend called me up. A meeting was struck instantaneously, plus with dinner too, how pleasant!
Kocha Taiwanese Delight. The parking is limited...just 3, reserved exclusively for customers only. No wonder I never noticed this restaurant before, it's hidden in this 'jungle-like' decor, wrong move.

As usual, I asked my friend to suggest a place to eat. I was secretly hoping that I haven't try the place she suggests before:) She told me about a nice restaurant selling Taiwanese foods along Burma road. Hm..Taiwanese restaurant? I don't recall coming across that restaurant from the countless time I drove passed Burma road but I did ate at a Thai restaurant along Burma road before (sorry, forgotten to take photos that time)

Decor inside was weird, as you can see for yourself. Anyway, the restaurant is cool, spacious and clean. It's comfortable but a little too quiet (probably because there were only 2 tables occupied at that time) until I felt that our conversation can be listened by the waiters and waitresses there. Call me paranoid, hahaha.

Menu. A lot of choices and set dishes. Same goes to the drinks also. What we ordered? Continue reading:)
Drinks came first. My friend's Chinese tea and my pearl tea. Mine was too sweet (anticipated already) but I like the chewy texture of the 'pearls'
Fried boneless chicken with noodles, plus some vegetables and dessert (RM14.80). Noodles was normal, soup was rather salty and SALTY (thirsty after drinking the soup, understand?), chicken was tasteless (oh my...how can FRIED chicken be tasteless!!!) but crunchy. I like the dessert, sweet and the texture was just like agar-agar. Actually, my friend ordered spicy noodle but due to miscommunication (actually, it was their mistake), my friend was nice enough not to reject the wrongly served food. The worker seemed adamant that we're the one who gave the wrong order. What?! Don't they know that customers are always right? NEVERMIND.

My fried salty pork with rice (RM16.80), if I'm not mistaken. The pork was nicely marinated and fried until golden brown and crispy (I wonder why they can't do the same for my friend's fried boneless chicken). I enjoy eating it together with my fragrant rice with unknown sauce (negligible taste) on it. Oh, I must mentioned here also that both my friend and my vegetables were COLD! Aii. The soup given was just like drinking additives/ Ajinomoto, yuck!
My friend treated me that time. Next time will be on me. Thanks, K!:)

Kocha Taiwanese Delight
229 Jalan Burmah
10350 Georgetown, Penang 
Opens 12pm-10pm (close on Wed)

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 4/10. Nice and comfortable restaurant but the foods are not up to standard, just like simple 'chap fan'/ economy rice instead of Taiwanese food standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment