Breakfast Boost - Roti Canai Telur @ Kedai Makan Ceri, Georgetown, Penang

"Where do I want to eat for breakfast today?"

My breakfast boost @ Kedai Makan Ceri: roti canai telur 'garing'/ crispy and Nescafe kurang manis/ less sugar

That's the first thing that comes into my mind in the morning when I wake up...and I love to wake up for that!

Kedai Makan Ceri, along Jalan Air Itam (photo taken from my car in order to capture both of their signboards). It's not very prominent if you're driving pass the road. You might be wondering where to park your car along this busy road, right? The answer in the next photo:)
Yup, you can park your car in the mosque parking area. I was a bit worried and reluctant in the beginning, but my friend assured me that it's allowed as long as I treat the place with respect (no throwing rubbishes/ spit in the mosque area. I don't do that also for other places! hehe). For the record, no untoward incident happened to my car:)
This guy prepare my roti canai. Not very chatty but good results. He prepared my roti canai telur just the way I like it.

This place is busy right from the opening, when it's still dark! Not many Chinese/ Indians seen here. I guessed many were still sleeping, hehe. Anyway, try not to miss breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day!
Well, another good place for breakfast is just behind my previous work place. Kedai Makan Ceri is situated IN the vicinity of Masjid Jamek Shaik Eusoff, along Jalan Air Itam. I usually go there for my breakfast boost; roti telur and Nescafe kurang manis (less than RM3).

Roti canai sauces, dhal and sambal. Suggest you mix both (minus the oil) for great results:)

My roti canai telur! I asked for extra garing-ness/ crispiness. So, he left with my roti canai a bit longer while the rest had been taken out.
Close up photo of my roti canai telur, nicely cut into smaller pieces for my eating convenience. Crispy on the outside and warm and soft inside, plus the evenly spread out egg. 
Of course, if you got more time to spend/ can wake up earlier in the morning, then you should try out another great spot for breakfast too (read: Roti Canai @ Transfer Road, Georgetown, Penang: A Different Kind of Bread For Breakfast).

Remember to dip the roti canai into the curry sauce and quickly take it out to maintain the crispiness. The spicy curry sauce + sambal is excellent and thrilling, capturing all the chicken essence to be eaten together with my roti canai telur, yummy! I literally 'drink' all the sauce and asked for another plateful of their special sauce, hehe.

Kedai Makan Ceri @ Masjid Jamek Shaik Eusoff
Jalan Air Hitam, Georgetown

Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7/10: The special sauce really enhance the already nice roti canai taste! Together with my Nescafe kurang manis, I'm ready to start the day...thanks for the boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment