Kushi Q @ Tropicana City Mall, PJ: Chicken Skewers a.k.a Sate, Avoid?

I went to Kushi Q @ Tropicana City Mall, PJ a few days ago to use one of my coupon that I'd purchased online. It seemed like a great offer (see below): 

50% Deal for Succulent Fusion Skewers (5 skewers) + 1 Complimentary Drink + Additional 15% off any Katsudon Set Purchase @ Kushi Q (Tropicana City Mall) for only RM5 instead of RM10

How was it?

Kushi Q @ Tropicana City Mall, PJ. Empty stall, red flag?
Foreign workers who don't understand you, yet confrontational plus very poor service...another red flag? Didn't happen to me but saw it happened to another customer. I don't dare to make a fuss after that, haha.
Food arrived in 10 minutes, no complain about the timing. Presentation-wise...salivating, yay! I chose 2 small drumsticks (part of the chicken wings) and 3 skewers with chicken thigh meat and capsicum.
There were baby octopuses skewers, prawn skewers, beef skewers and etc at the front of the counter but I wasn't allowed to choose any of it. Actually, it was my mistake also for not reading the conditions carefully (see below):

Choose any 5 Fusion Skewers from the menu: 
  • Chicken thigh with capsicum
  • Chicken thigh with leek
  • Chicken breast
  • Chicken wings with sesame
  • Crispy chicken
Yup, no mentioned of any baby octopuses, prawns or beef skewers. Just some cheap stuff only but who knows, maybe the taste will overwhelm me? Hmm...

Chicken thigh meat with capsicum skewers. How was it? It was boneless (I like!), not too stubborn and of average size. Unfortunately, it tasted like...'nothing'. There wasn't any flavor or at least any effort to pre-marinate the chicken first. I was also hoping that they'll serve it together with some of their special sauce, like when eating sate. No luck, no taste, no sauce. Just occupying your stomach space.

Two small chicken drumsticks (part of chicken wing). Both tasted slightly better than the previous skewers, a lil' sweet-salty combination taste but nothing fantastic about it. I appreciate the extra effort to 'open up' the small drumstick meat so that the chicken will be cooked more evenly. However, I was shocked when I turned the chicken and found it in this condition! Hangus!
And for those who're interested to try out this place, here are two promotions (see below)

Promotion No. 1
Promotion No. 2

Kushi Q
Lot LG 20, Lower Ground Floor 
Tropicana City Mall
Opens daily 10.30am-9.30pm

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 2/10. I'd rather eat sate, anywhere else but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment