Best Duck Rice In KL And PJ Is In S.E.A Park, PJ? Err...Nope! Good But Not Great.

I managed to find Restoran Sunrise finally!

Restoran Sunrise @ Seapark, PJ. Long queues until outside of the restaurant, indicating good/ great foods inside!
Prior to this, my friend, Jo, WhatsApp me the GPS location of this restaurant which sells the best duck rice in PJ + KL but I couldn't find it. My mistake was I went there during dinner time, when it was closed! Also, the signboard didn't mention anything about 'duck', so I was searching high and low for this place.

I ordered quarter duck (RM15++), plus rice. All the duck meat, rice, sauce, chilli and soup (not seen here) arrived less than 5 minutes, despite the restaurant being full by the time I reached there about 12noon.

This is how quarter duck looked like. A LOT! Compared with other places serving duck meat, the size of the duck here are much bigger and more meaty. The meat itself was not as dried, stubborn and skinny...just like eating chicken, plus there wasn't any strong duck 'smell' also, amazing! However, if you can see from the photo above, you can see curls of duck skin above. Unlike Peking duck's crispy skin, the duck skins here were SOFT and there wasn't so much extra taste from chewing the skin also, yucks!

Another view of my quarter duck and the duck sauce. Unlike most duck sauce that I'd taste before, the duck sauce here was watery and diluted. Omg! How is it going to stick on the duck meat then? Taste-wise, it was a nice complement to the duck meat but the sauce just wouldn't stick to the duck meat!!!

Business hours: 11.30am until sold out, probably within 2-3 hours time judging from the non-stop crowds of people inside and outside the restaurant.


Address, phone number and business hours. Remember, it only opens during lunch hours
Tasty Or Not?
Rating 7/10. Good, but not great. Duck meat was generous but failed at the duck skin. I'd expect the duck skin to be crispy because there were so many people ordering and I'd expect the duck-turnover is so fast that the skin wouldn't have soften so fast! Also, the duck sauce was pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment